Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Just off the front Page of PreCentral: http://www.precentral.net/six-new-tr...p-all-touchpad

TouchPadFlex
    TouchPadPro
    TouchPadTwin
    TouchPadGeo
    TouchPad7
    TouchPadGo

Pocketnow: " While we'd like to believe that all these applications represent products in the pipeline, the truth is that HP has a history of filing "red herrings" specifically meant to obfuscate its actual plans. Besides TouchPad, the company had also filed for PalmPad, TouchCanvas, DuoPad, and TouchSlate as possible tablet brandings earlier this year."
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/14/2011 at 10:53 PM. Reason: cited our own site instead of the competition
    NNJ
    touchpad geo: verizon won't sell it because it comes with a working gps... Doh!
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    I myself think the Touchpad 7 may be the Opal, and the Pro will be a beast with all the bells and whistles, including HDMI out, etc.
    NNJ
    Sounds like they're just covering themselves for the future. Intriguing, however.
    TouchpadTwin: Dual screen tablet!
    Wondering if the TouchPad7 is the updated version of the Windows7 Slate device.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I've got a feeling that device will be given similar treatment to what Microsoft did to Windows ME, remember that?
    NNJ
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Over here, one of our cellular providers call their plans 'Flex'. Knowing HP is in agreement with Sprint for 3G data, perhaps that what they will call their data plans?
    NNJ
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    TouchpadTwin: Dual screen tablet!
    or a two door fridge with HP Cense technology with a webos unable touchpanel
    Flex=Flexible display!
    I'm having a feeling that the Flex will not be flexible as in the McKinney Display but rather flexible as in flexible usage options - something akin to the EeePad Transformer maybe.

Does anyone think it would be feasible to have a dual PC/tablet beast? Basically like the transformer, but with real laptop / netbook guts (and not just a battery) in the keyboard section and a full-fledged TouchPad as the (removable) screen? So you can run windows as you would normally, switch over webOS and use it with the keyboard, or even go and pull out the screen and use it like the TouchPad it is.

I want that. And I do think it would give you enough flexibility to warrant the 'flex' name.

I'd also want a Courier-style TouchPad Twin.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Serious? Why would you think that? I would think they would call that the Slate7 or something. Also, I do believe the Windows on tablets is done for HP - it's about HP WebOS now in this space.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    7" Touchpad, hurry up HP, we're waiting.
    My "guesses"

TouchPadFlex = Wrist-based Tablet (HP has been playing with flexible screen tech)
    TouchPadPro = Heavy duty Tablet (for soldiers, etc)
    TouchPadTwin = TouchPad's Evil Brother (or Couriour-style stablet)
    TouchPadGeo = Vehicle in-dash Tablet (GPS, media, etc)
    TouchPad7 = 7" Tablet
    TouchPadGo = 5" Tablet
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    I myself think the Touchpad 7 may be the Opal, and the Pro will be a beast with all the bells and whistles, including HDMI out, etc.
    ...and, hopefully, pen input support! How nice would that be....
    regards,

Dan

------------------
    TabletPC user
    Quote Originally Posted by dceggert View Post
    ...and, hopefully, pen input support! How nice would that be....
    the one thing i want most
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    I've got a feeling that device will be given similar treatment to what Microsoft did to Windows ME, remember that?
    I think we all try to forget that.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Flex=Flexible display!
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I'm having a feeling that the Flex will not be flexible as in the McKinney Display but rather flexible as in flexible usage options - something akin to the EeePad Transformer maybe.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    In an architectural design forum there was some discussion about flexible displays for architectural drawings. Where the architects can roll up the device, take it to the site, unroll it, and show the contractors/clients. Something like the Corning video ad I posted where they had a flexible, transparent display fetching around.
    NNJ
    hate to say it but they are all rubbish
    Heck...HP needs more Trademarked names!!!! I can think of a few:

1. Audio Synergy
    2. Video Synergy
    3. Web Synergy
    4. eBook Synergy

Okay I'm on Synergy stump, but if they aren't thinking about it it will never happen. Sorli...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast