Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Do we know if older Palm phones (Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi Plus) will pair with the TouchPad if it's on a touchstone. Will we be able to receive calls and text messages from the phones on the TP? I know touch-to-share won't work but from what I understand, the calls and messages are shared through bluetooth, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by klynngullo View Post
    Do we know if older Palm phones (Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi Plus) will pair with the TouchPad if it's on a touchstone. Will we be able to receive calls and text messages from the phones on the TP? I know touch-to-share won't work but from what I understand, the calls and messages are shared through bluetooth, right?
    I'm not 100% sure, but i think the answer is no because of the WebOS version.
    Short answer, NO.

Touch to Share has nothing to do with the touchstone. To have any chance for this to work, you would at least have to be running WebOS 2.2. Then I would say some homebrew software to initiate the BT connect. That is saying IF it is even possible.

With any software prior to 2.2, no
    Then you have anything prior to Pre3 or Veer doesn't actually have the hardware needed to initiate the BT hand shake.

I will say there is always that possibility that someone attempts to hack together some software to attempt to get the BT handshake and data sharing to work...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Thanks for clarifying for me!
    Noooooooooooo!
    I'm sure they will have to do some data pairing with the pre minus... come out with a new software version... the hardware should support it with no problem. I know from a business POV I wouldn't want to update it so people by new hardware ... but at least make it available on July 1!
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    I just tried it with my Pixi Plus and I am able to make and receive phone calls through my TP when paired with the Pixi. The WiFi hotspot feature also seems to work well. The Touch-To-Share of course does not work.
    Pairing was a cinch. Turned on bluetooth on both devices, paired them and made and received calls from the Touchpad. Thanks!
    ...but you can't send or receive SMS messages through your old phone to the Touchpad...