Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

I was recently at a webOS event and the staff was using TouchPads. I was snapping some photos while it was in use, and came across something while looking through the photos...Skype Synergy for the TouchPad (Skype chat)! I'm not sure if this has been revealed before. It's implemented the same way that Google accounts are handled.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the photos here...however, I can confirm that Skype chat will be natively integrated into Synergy! This is GREAT news for me and I'm sure it is for lots of others.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DavidVogt; 06/14/2011 at 01:45 PM.
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    Post the pictures! Why not.
    Sprint Love
    Please, post the pics.
    That's awesome!

Hopefully this means a skype client built in ready to go at launch.

It would be super goofy to have skype in the IM app, but no video/voice chat (does the touchpad have a mic in?)
    If they were showing it to the public then you should be able to show it to us.
  6.    #7  
    Here is the shot! I guarantee it's not edited, other than the blurring of names, dates, and icons for obvious reasons. Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wow. Quite a find! Front page material.
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    If they were showing it to the public then you should be able to show it to us.
    Well, it wasn't really a public showing...so I wasn't sure. Then again I didn't sign any NDA so I should be fine.
    I'd say this is one of those major apps people want
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Wow. Quite a find! Front page material.
    Awesome!! Is this the only pic you took of it?
    Now.. how about pics of the netflix app (pretty please?)
    great find. Skype chat is one of the few IM's I can see me using.

also, i'm sure I must have seen the portrait keyboard before. Can't remember it though.
  13.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mariolive7 View Post
    Awesome!! Is this the only pic you took of it?
    I do have another shot of it, but it's virtually identical. I didn't realize the significance until I looked at the shots on the big screen!
    This is very good news. I agree with Beanis that it would be super goofy to have only the Skype chat app and not full Skype. Hard to believe HP would do that. Video-chat here we come?
    This is awesome. Video Chat will obviously be much better if you can chat with anyone with a PC and a webcam.
  16.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    This is very good news. I agree with Beanis that it would be super goofy to have only the Skype chat app and not full Skype. Hard to believe HP would do that. Video-chat here we come?
    It seems like Skype will be integrated at the OS-level, meaning no seperate app. This would make a lot of sense and work very well! I hate having a separate app for each chat platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    That's awesome!

Hopefully this means a skype client built in ready to go at launch.

It would be super goofy to have skype in the IM app, but no video/voice chat (does the touchpad have a mic in?)
    HP has demoed Video chat more than once. So it's gotta have a mic.

Really the new news here is that it will be available via skype and not just some HP proprietary system. YAY!
    Skype is a standard SYNERGY account on my Verizon Pre2.

I am curious how video chat is implemented though. Is it a separate app? Or an option when you tap on a skype username under your contacts.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Skype is a standard SYNERGY account on my Verizon Pre2.
    Yeah, but on Verizon Pre2s, it just uses cellphone minutes, and since this is on the Touchpad it seems it'd have to be pure VOIP.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast