Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nice! Synergy is expanding to encompass everything!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    well hopefully in the US the SKype exclusive to verizon deal with palm is gone. otherwise ours maybe gimped -=\
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, but on Verizon Pre2s, it just uses cellphone minutes, and since this is on the Touchpad it seems it'd have to be pure VOIP.
    hope that's true.
    skype does text too.

before seeing screenshot of video chat via skype, dont get too excited.
    I strongly doubt that Skype is going to allow implementation of a text-only version of its product.
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    I strongly doubt that Skype is going to allow implementation of a text-only version of its product.
    Why? For a long time, text-only versions of skype were all you could get on mobile devices. Voice chat didn't come until later.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    So it's gotta have a mic.
    your able to take calls on the touchpad through another webos phone right? i would hope it has a mic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    Why? For a long time, text-only versions of skype were all you could get on mobile devices. Voice chat didn't come until later.
    the touchpad has a front facing camera and a mic, why would they implement skype into webOS all synergy like without the ability to voice or video chat? i doubt they would go through all the trouble to have only text chatting...
    Never cared about Skype, but I know something like 300 million people disagree with me ... so this is great news for the platform if it's a solid implementation!
    webOS user since 20090606.
    I think something wrong here. Let me see:
    IPhone has Skype with video chat , voice, and text.
    Android phones and tablets have Skype with voice and text.
    HP Palm OS will have only text ?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post

12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post

Hmm let's see here.
    iPad doesn't even have a Skype app.
    Android phones and tablets have a terribly buggy Skype app.
    TouchPad has OS-level native integration of Skype chat, voice, and video.
    There's no such thing as "HP Palm OS"

In conclusion, you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Last edited by DavidVogt; 06/15/2011 at 07:18 AM.
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    the touchpad has a front facing camera and a mic, why would they implement skype into webOS all synergy like without the ability to voice or video chat? i doubt they would go through all the trouble to have only text chatting...
    What I'm saying is, there are countless devices out right now that have front facing cameras, but the skype client doesn't support video chat. There are other services that do (fring, qwik, tango) but for whatever reason skype was slow getting voice chat on mobiles.
    This is fantastic news!

Does WebOS messaging synergy support Facebook chat? FB abd Skye are the only two messaging services I use.
    What I'm saying is, there are countless devices out right now that have front facing cameras, but the skype client doesn't support video chat. There are other services that do (fring, qwik, tango) but for whatever reason skype was slow getting voice chat on mobiles.
    Pretty sure it's been said that TouchPad (and, by proxy, probably also Pre3) video chat is handled by Skype.

I simply wouldn't be surprised if we never got to see a Skype app because all functions are integrated into Synergy. And then people will ask the clueless store clerk whether it has a Skype app, the clueless store clerk will say no, and people will buy something else because webOS doesn't even have a Google Chat app, or a Skype app. HP -needs- to advertise Synergy and how it integrates services into the OS and makes separate apps unnecessary. "There may be an app for that, but webOS lets it just work without downloading an app".
    they already demoed a pre3 video chatting with a touchpad. Why would you think skype would be fully functional?
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Pretty sure it's been said that TouchPad (and, by proxy, probably also Pre3) video chat is handled by Skype.

I simply wouldn't be surprised if we never got to see a Skype app because all functions are integrated into Synergy. And then people will ask the clueless store clerk whether it has a Skype app, the clueless store clerk will say no, and people will buy something else because webOS doesn't even have a Google Chat app, or a Skype app. HP -needs- to advertise Synergy and how it integrates services into the OS and makes separate apps unnecessary. "There may be an app for that, but webOS lets it just work without downloading an app".
    I get that but then someone will say 'If doesn't have a Skype app how can work'. I would just say that it has Skype built it and leave it at that bc a deeper explanation will go way over some people heads.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    they already demoed a pre3 video chatting with a touchpad. Why would you think skype would be fully functional?
    I will believed it when I see it in the end product.

adobe demoed flash on pre too, and it will obviously never happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I will believed it when I see it in the end product.

adobe demoed flash on pre too, and it will obviously never happen.
    completely different time and situation but i hear ya.
    HP is really doing a fantastic job at designing the applications on the TouchPad. It's so clean and easy looking.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12