1.    #1  
    New Video: Introducing the HP webOs TouchPad

This video is very similar to the before video "Get to know the HP TouchPad, but this one just makes a summary of the video presentation, at the end of it.

Video:
    Wow, this video seems so familiar to me. I wish I could put my finger on why that is.
    Around 1:30 he is demoing "Just Type" and says you can add something to your tasks, but then clicks "Memos" and puts it in there.

Look I'm glad you can update your facebook status or whatever from just type but if there's not going to be the basic PIM functionality that I expect from Palm then I'm going to pass. Is it true?

edit: he has "New Task" on another screenie so god help it I hope that works.
    I noticed the 'add a task' and he added it to 'Memos' also. Lame. I think you can add to the actual 'Tasks' app. I'm not sure why 'Memos' was shown.
    I can Just Type tasks on my pre 2 so I don't get what you guys are worried about
    Last edited by FenrirWolf; 06/13/2011 at 07:50 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Tasks has been always one of the best apps since Palm PDAs and Treos and after that on the Pres and Pixis, the new is that you can now add a task easy using just type besides using the Task app directly.

It is like a shortcut.
    Sweet video.
    Quote Originally Posted by avrfreaks View Post
    Around 1:30 he is demoing "Just Type" and says you can add something to your tasks, but then clicks "Memos" and puts it in there.

Look I'm glad you can update your facebook status or whatever from just type but if there's not going to be the basic PIM functionality that I expect from Palm then I'm going to pass. Is it true?

edit: he has "New Task" on another screenie so god help it I hope that works.
    you can do all this in 2.0
    Thank god. Sorry guys I was freaking a bit

It's just that I sound like a broken record that I returned my Launch Day Pre in June 2009 because I didn't like the tasks feature (it wasn't up to my Treo 700p that I'm still rockin') and boy I wasn't sure what I was going to do if the Pre3 / TouchPad didn't establish at least basic PIM.

Really excited for the TouchPad (as is the wife) and thanks for sharing the vid. A lot easier than watching 6 or so individual videos.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    We had tasks on the Pre. I used it all the time. It's the same tasks isn't it? It's just integrated into just type. You can add a due date to a task now, not sure if you could do that before.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Wow, this video seems so familiar to me. I wish I could put my finger on why that is.
    Funny how I feel the same... where have I seen this ad format before?
    I like how notifications slide out from the side of the top bar and back in. I hope that small feature transfers over to phones. I like the little things like that. lol
  13.    #13  
    I was noticing also that he tapped with one finger on the screen to zoom in to go to the memos list at 1:44

Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    I was noticing also that he tapped with one finger on the screen to zoom in to go to the memos list at 1:44

Yeah, I'll bet thats what is replacing the back gesture. There HAS to be a way to go back in an app.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Yeah, I'll bet thats what is replacing the back gesture. There HAS to be a way to go back in an app.
    that is what I thought , instead the back gesture. Cool isnīt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    We had tasks on the Pre. I used it all the time. It's the same tasks isn't it? It's just integrated into just type. You can add a due date to a task now, not sure if you could do that before.
    At least on launch day, webOS tasks couldn't do repetition / recurrence for arbitrary lengths like every 10 days after completed (comes back 10 days after I check it off) or every 3 months. May seem minor but when you use tasks for EVERYTHING like I do it is a big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    that is what I thought , instead the back gesture. Cool isnīt it.
    I kinda still like the back gesture. Lol

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html