Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. nyallj's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I don't think there's any particular magic the TouchPad inherently has when it comes to integrating with servers. Clients still have to be written regardless of whether the back end runs HP hardware or not.
    Not with Citrix they won't.
    NNJ
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Not with Citrix they won't.
    The same Citrix Receiver that runs on Android and iOS?
  3. nyallj's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    The same Citrix Receiver that runs on Android and iOS?
    Doesn't matter. It was an answer to your claim about 'clients have to be written'.
    NNJ
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    .... I don't recall apple making datafarms as a business. HP does...
    To be fair, they tried. Didn't do so well.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    ... You think they'll just buy touchpads case they bought laptops. I just disagree. ...
    You may disagree, but he's right, you're wrong, they will (or at least some, probably many will).

    You have to have been in the position of purchasing from a company to fully understand the advantage of being able to call one vendor to order xy & z. You get the same rep, he understands your needs, you don't need to explain, you just outline what you're looking for, talk about price, and it comes in.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    ...but if you have links to touchpad medical apps i'd love to see them. Because right now if you want to monitor patient heart rates on a touchpad i know of no software that does it. but again if you have the apps i'd love to know about them.
    ...
    It's a ridiculous argument, because there are no apps for purchase for the TouchPad right now, because it's not out yet.

    However, there are apps that can do what you're talking about, and do it on a TP. The Citrix connector would take care of just that need in many medical situations.

    I used to help set up radiologist's home computers to run PACS software on their home PCs, so they could read x-rays and cat-scans at home. It was simply a Citrix connector to the servers we'd set up in their offices.

    And yes, the TP will do that out of the gate.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    The same Citrix Receiver that runs on Android and iOS?
    You're apparently not paying attention.

    You claimed they need a client, it was pointed out the client can be Citrix. Yes, there are other platforms that have Citrix clients, but we're talking about HP here.

    The point being made is that some corporate buyers will tend to buy TouchPads because they have to buy from HP anyway. The "counter" was no client. The "counter" to that is there is a client.

    Oh, and to answer your question, no, not "the same Citrix Receiver that runs on Android and iOS".

    They had to write a different one. WebOS won't run Andriods apps or iOS' (yet).
  8. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    i'm sure there are android tablets all over google yet, that fact alone, hasn't translated into blockbuster android tablet sales.
    You are talking about present , we are talking future. Android came two years late after the iPhone. Yet it captured the market. In tablets, Android is a year behind. With the likes of Samsung beating Apple at hardware, its only matter of time before Android takes over iOS in tablets.
    Apple is under threat. Period.

    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    I'd Bet RIMM has tons of employees with playbooks. Not only that they've got even more people already with RIMM phones that work for RIMM. Sales of playbooks still suck. That fact, giving them to employees, doesn't translate into the ability to make people buy their Playbooks. Count it as leverage if you want. It doesn't make people adopt a platform. It hasn't in other cases either.
    I am not here to argue with you, but have you seen the user interface of the Playbook ? Its copycat mix and match of Android/webOS/iOS.... Yuk
    Its a joke that they are even selling some. Think about the sales pitch to corporate clients . The poor sales guy can't even say a single elegant feature that can counter iOS or Android.

    Playbook for RIMM is not a leverage device but a liability.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions