Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Think i'll get mine at BestBuy. 18 months no interest and reward zone points make up for tax i guess. Plus 2 weeks return policy, no restocking fee just in case it doesn't satiate my tech lust.
    Can you confirm the no restocking fee for Rewards Members? I believe we're silver (or whatever the name is) but I can't find their policy anywhere.
    And a call to a couple of stores nearby got me nowhere.

As for the return period, I read it was 45 days, unless it's a special order. Yeah, that particular policy WAS online...
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Can you confirm the no restocking fee for Rewards Members? I believe we're silver (or whatever the name is) but I can't find their policy anywhere.
    And a call to a couple of stores nearby got me nowhere.

As for the return period, I read it was 45 days, unless it's a special order. Yeah, that particular policy WAS online...
    Best Buy only charges a restocking fee for special order items

Best Buy Store Exchange & Return Policy - Best Buy
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Usually opened electronics at any store is around 2 weeks unless it's an exchange.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Several of the Walmart's here in the LA/OC area are open 24x7. Midnight on July 1st may be the way to go for me.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Several of the Walmart's here in the LA/OC area are open 24x7. Midnight on July 1st may be the way to go for me.
    Yep, I spoke to a friend that works at wal-Mart today. He said he couldn't find it in the wal-mart wire, but that I should call him on the 28-29th. If they will have it for sale on the 1st, then he said they will likely have it in their possession by then. Also, he said if they go on sale on the 1st, they will start selling them at midnight. The only exception he has seen to this was with the iPhone because it required activation so they had to wait until the people in the call centers were there to be able to activate them.

I too am really hoping for a midnight wal-mart run.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Usually opened electronics at any store is around 2 weeks unless it's an exchange.
    It's 45 days for Reward Zone Premier Silver members.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    As much as I dont like the Evil Walmartian Empire, I might have to make my second ever trip there if they are selling at midnight.

Hey, TTB: let's go together and dress up like Harry Potter! Isn't that movie shown in the videos as available thru the HP Movie Store?! I'll go as Professor Snape!!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    That would be true if this was a political scandal that they want to bury, but putting it up on a holiday weekend is a smart move from a retail sales perspective...

HP's marketing firm has been hiring reps to stand at the Best Buy tables specifically to show off the new product.

The glass is half full.
    Also its a huge shopping weekend... people may just "pick one up"
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Quote Originally Posted by reggieb View Post
    It's 45 days for Reward Zone Premier Silver members.
    Where did you see this, though? I appreciate everyone's input, but knowing how BBY operates, I'd rather not take any chances.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightdevil21 View Post
    Also its a huge shopping weekend... people may just "pick one up"
    As much as the economy is picking up steam and recovering as well as it is, I don't see how a $500 purchase can be seen as an impulse buy.

Oh wait, the economy still sucks...
  11.    #31  
    Where did you see this, though? I appreciate everyone's input, but knowing how BBY operates, I'd rather not take any chances.
    If you are a reward zone premier silver member, and you go to myrz.com, log in, and you have a link on your dashboard page called "My Premier Silver Benefits," click this, and they are as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by Best Buy
    More Points: Earn 1.25 points per $1 spent at Best Buy and Best Buy.com®. Reward Zone members earn 2.5 points per $1 spent at Best Buy and Best Buy.com® with the Reward Zone® program MasterCard®

More Control: Decide to have your reward certificates issued automatically at the preference level you choose, or bank your points and issue a reward certificate when you are ready to use it

Free Shipping: Free standard shipping on most BestBuy.com purchases

Free Music: Enjoy 6 months of free music streaming and 25 song downloads through Napster

Exclusive access: You'll receive invitations to special events and early access to the best of Best Buy throughout the year

More flexibility: Enjoy a 45-day extended return policy

Free Geek Squad Home Theater consultation

Dedicated support: Access the Premier Silver Helpline at 1-866-RZ-PREMER (1-866-797-7367) for account questions, purchase recommendations and basic product setup instructions
    Thanks, I haven't checked my profile in a while!
    you all gonna buy 32gb version on launch day?

coz there won't be 16 gb version available at retails on launch.
    Yes, and I may also buy one for my girlfriend.
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    you all gonna buy 32gb version on launch day?

coz there won't be 16 gb version available at retails on launch.
    Where did you get this info?
    There's been no mention of 16GB versions in the store leaks, so an inference could be made that only 32GB versions will be available in stores on the first day. He has been trumpeting that inference here and elsewhere for at least the last month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    There's been no mention of 16GB versions in the store leaks, so an inference could be made that only 32GB versions will be available in stores on the first day. He has been trumpeting that inference here and elsewhere for at least the last month.
    not only that. a prior post mentioned a target employee said there won't be 32gb at any retail store including target, walmart and bestbuy.
    I'm not saying that it will be available, but you are one of the ones who most routinely bashes what sales people have to say about product availability and features, and yet you're basing what every store will carry on the claims of one store's employee?
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    I'm not saying that it will be available, but you are one of the ones who most routinely bashes what sales people have to say about product availability and features, and yet you're basing what every store will carry on the claims of one store's employee?
    i came up with the 16gb theory based on stocking leaks way before anything uttered from the target employee.

i never bashed anybody except hpalm employees. because their track record of making false claims.
    I do wish you'd mention that it's an opinion, as you usually declare it as fact, and you do that both here and elsewhere.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast