Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I know that preorders begin on 6/19 through hp, but where is the best possible local store(best buy,walmart,etc) to preorder and ensure I can get it on 7/1?
    I'm hoping amazon will live up to its name this time for prime customers. When I preordered my psp and did the next day delivery I received it on the release day. But its not always the case... But I do have a costco, staples, walmart, and bestbuy all within .25 miles.... looking at options.
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    order from HP on the 19th... And it will arrive on launch day or before.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    order from HP on the 19th... And it will arrive on launch day or before.
    Are you sure?
    lol i'm having a hard time deciding if I want to order online or get one in a store. I'd really love to have it on the first since I'll be going on a trip for the weekend that very day.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    There is no proof that the Touchpad will be in stores on july first.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    no proof it won't be either
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    There is no proof that the Touchpad will be in stores on july first.
    What? What are you looking for as proof? That is the launch day.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    The press release states that it will be "in stores" on the 1st.

I too will wait and see what Amazon does to decide what to do.

the Touchpad will be in stores and ready to be purchased ON the first of July. If pre-ordered it will arrive at your house no later than the first.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk9027866 View Post
    Are you sure?
    I have an email and voice message from an HP small business rep committing to that... what I don't have is $500. Everyone that filled out the "tell me when it's available" form recently has been contacted by HP Small Business sales reps to identify people that want to pre-order them. If you didn't get on that list, I can send you the person's contact info by PM. Forum rules prevent me from posting contact info here but I'd be happy to send you a PM. The person said they are the only group at HP that is taking Pre-orders on the 19th, so it seems the best route if you absolutely must have one on or before the 1st.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I have an email and voice message from an HP small business rep committing to that... what I don't have is $500. Everyone that filled out the "tell me when it's available" form recently has been contacted by HP Small Business sales reps to identify people that want to pre-order them. If you didn't get on that list, I can send you the person's contact info by PM. Forum rules prevent me from posting contact info here but I'd be happy to send you a PM. The person said they are the only group at HP that is taking Pre-orders on the 19th, so it seems the best route if you absolutely must have one on or before the 1st.
    Please send it over.

Thanks!
    FWIW, my own rep said it will ship on the 1st and arrive on/after the 5th, due to the holiday. I replied back saying the Touchpad will be in stores on the 1st, so it looks like my particular case will be fulfilled by a brick and mortar store.

Will see what the rep says.
    ha ha, Do we really NEED it on July 1st? I think we all are getting to obsessed with it Including me
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by mk9027866 View Post
    Please send it over.

Thanks!
    Sent. Her message that if I order it on the 19th, it would ship in no more than 7 days and arrive in my hands before they are available in stores. She could just be telling me sales stories... but but I believe her.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Now that June 19th has passed and I tried to pre order the Touchpad at every local store, I ask, where is the best local store to pick it up on July 1st? Best Buy wouldn't take pre orders today, do you expect they will later this coming week?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    walmart 24 hour stores. go at midnight =)
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    walmart 24 hour stores. go at midnight =)
    None of the stores by me are 24 hours . I went to one today to try to order it and I couldn't find one employee in the electronics section. It looked like a bomb went off in one of the aisles and the store was a complete wreck. Walmart is looking pretty bad over here.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    wow where r u from ?
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    wow where r u from ?
    Long Island, NY
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast