Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mk9027866 View Post
    Best Buy wouldn't take pre orders today, do you expect they will later this coming week?
    Best Buy stores were set up to start taking pre-orders today, but the staff wasn't really trained on how to do it. I had to talk to two different salespeople and the second one really had to search in their computer systems before she found the pre-order form. In fact, I had already given up and was headed out when the salesperson chased me down at the door to let me know she had found it.

If you still want to pre-order one there, I'd suggest going back to the store and asking for a manager if they tell you they can't pre-order it.

-Jeff
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffGr View Post
    Best Buy stores were set up to start taking pre-orders today, but the staff wasn't really trained on how to do it. I had to talk to two different salespeople and the second one really had to search in their computer systems before she found the pre-order form. In fact, I had already given up and was headed out when the salesperson chased me down at the door to let me know she had found it.

If you still want to pre-order one there, I'd suggest going back to the store and asking for a manager if they tell you they can't pre-order it.

-Jeff
    Thanks Jeff,

Now I'm going to go in there tomorrow and cause trouble if they tell me it cant be done.
    The Sherman Oaks managers had no idea what the TP was. They also referred to an email they received which did not reveal the quantity of TPs they would receive. They think that HP is waiting to see what the demand will be. They didn't expect product in the store UNTIL the 1st of July! They pointed out that it was the same with the iPad2: they only received 25 units because Apple didn't think the demand would be so high after selling so many at their own stores.

I think I might order online from BBY, because i absolutely want the buyback program.
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12