Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Solets say the touchpad seems to do well during launch. Not Great but just enough to get Apple to drop their price by say $50... do you think it would be egg in the face for HP for not starting lower?

Then now the perception could be the best selling tablet now just got cheaper and now were are over priced. ... Hmmmmm
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Apple drops the price of a current gen product the day hell freezes over. HP (and everybody else) whips Apple in price in the PC department at almost every level and Apple has never considered lowering their prices. iPad2 prices drop only when iPad3 is announced.
  3.    #3  
    lol
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Quote Originally Posted by nightdevil21 View Post
    Solets say the touchpad seems to do well during launch. Not Great but just enough to get Apple to drop their price by say $50... do you think it would be egg in the face for HP for not starting lower?

Then now the perception could be the best selling tablet now just got cheaper and now were are over priced. ... Hmmmmm
    Won't happen when they already sell a deeply discounted first-generation iPad that competes well with all current-generation tablets.
    the only way apple lowers prices is to introduce a smaller device, like an ipad-mini...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the only way apple lowers prices is to introduce a smaller device, like an ipad-mini...
    or a bigger iPod touch. Which I guess would be the same thing...
    they will do what they did last time. The iPad2 price will drop when the iPad3 is available.
    "What if Apple drops pricing of iPad?" The ipad gets cheaper, duh. lol

I don't believe HP can get an 'egg in the face'. I didn't know HP had a face. Don't know what it looks like. Has anyone seen the face of HP? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    "What if Apple drops pricing of iPad?" The ipad gets cheaper, duh. lol

I don't believe HP can get an 'egg in the face'. I didn't know HP had a face. Don't know what it looks like. Has anyone seen the face of HP? lol
    Leo.
    Were this impossible situation to happen in real life, HP could drop their price in response. I think their primary cost driver is that they want to be priced like the competition.
    No need to drop the price of a popular selling product. iPad 2 is extremely popular.

But I will say some of these other tablets may give TouchPad a run for its money! You have cheaper tablets or tablets with more apps at the same price range. They are really going to have to do a better job of getting the word out on TouchPad so more people will consider it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Apple never lowers prices of anything except when they release a new generation.
    the competition is selling the 16gb for $399. guess first months sales will determine if they hold the line or have to make any changes.

ASUS to ship 300,000 Eee Pad Transformers in June, surpass all non-iPad tablet sales -- Engadget

Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Were this impossible situation to happen in real life, HP could drop their price in response. I think their primary cost driver is that they want to be priced like the competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    the competition is selling the 16gb for $399. guess first months sales will determine if they hold the line or have to make any changes.

ASUS to ship 300,000 Eee Pad Transformers in June, surpass all non-iPad tablet sales -- Engadget
    Funny thing is that Asus Transformer hardly ever advertised but because of the price and very nice integration with keyboard, it's selling really well right now. Price matter! I really wish HP put $400 on TouchPad 16G.
    It's very impressive... 16gb with a card slot, keyboard integration, front and rear camera, hdmi... advertising 16 hours... really?! and a very nice design. you see it and there is a lot of bang for your buck there.

http://www.asus.com/Eee/Eee_Pad/Eee_...sformer_TF101/

This is a mock thread right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Apple never lowers prices of anything except when they release a new generation.
    First gen iPhone.

Price drop outcry

On September 5, 2007 the 8 GB model price was cut by a third.[48] Those who had purchased an iPhone in the 14-day period before the September 5, 2007 announcement were eligible for a US$200 "price protection" rebate from Apple or AT&T. However, it was widely reported that some who bought between the June 29, 2007 launch and the August 22, 2007 price protection kick-in date complained that this was a larger-than-normal price drop for such a relatively short period and accused Apple of unfair pricing.[49][50]

In response to customer complaints, on September 6, 2007, Apple CEO Steve Jobs wrote in an open letter to iPhone customers that everyone who purchased an iPhone at the higher price "and who is not receiving a rebate or other consideration", would receive a US$100 credit to be redeemed towards the purchase of any product sold in Apple's retail or online stores.[51]
    Last edited by mclark2112; 06/14/2011 at 03:25 PM.
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, Centro (Wife's), iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, back to Blackjack, Centro (Mine), Palm PRE, iPhone 3g (again), iPhone 3gs (wife's), iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2 (wife's), Pre Plus, HP TouchPad.

Yes, I have a problem...
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by mclark2112 View Post
    First gen iPhone.
    Only problem with HP is that they don't own all of the distribution locations...
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    why would Apple drop the price of iPad? Four months later and they still can't even keep them on the shelves. Lowering the price would be literally throwing away money.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightdevil21 View Post

Apple will need to raise the price of the iPad to cover the Nokia patents. That money has to come from somewhere. LOL
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast