Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree7Likes
    I tried it last night with my Veer and it worked like a charm!
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    I also have a Sprint Pixi, but no, it will not work through bluetooth with the TouchPad to freeTether as far as I can tell; it will, however, work like the other webOS phones with bluetooth pairing: sending and receiving calls and, hopefully, at some point, sms. I have a Pixi+ (with wifi) still in the box, so maybe I'll plus my sprint version up.
    I've been using FreeTether from day one with my Touchpad without a hitch. My iTouch tethers at the same time with no issues at all!
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    I'm seeing TP take 60 seconds to complete a connection with my Sprint FrankenPre2 webOS 2.1 freetether. Is that unavoidable?
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    everything works with my Pre2 FreeTether. TouchPad, laptop, my wife's Samdroid, my son's Pre, the neighbor's cat, you name it. That's why I got Verizon/Pre2, so I can have an internet connection while camping in my camper! (But danged if some places the Sprint Pre has a better signal. Of course it's FreeTether works great, too!)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I have freetether on my sprint pre, and plan to get the touchpad regardless if sprint gets the pre 3. I sure hope the freetether app connects via wifi to the touchpad easily. I know I had some netbooks that wouldnt connect no matter what, but then had other laptops that connected just fine! What do you think the chances are the touchpad will connect easily w/ the wifi option on freetether?
    Worked fine for ,e. Actually, it was my pre that I first tethered my TP to since my home router was acting up.

Once I discovered it was mac filtering, I was good to go.

Yeah freetether works as long as you have a wifi card.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    I know it's not popular around here, but I've connected my TP successfully several times with MyTether.
    Used FreeTether on my Sprint Pre and had 3G service all day today, worked great.
    I just finally got around to plussing my Pixi the other day. Now I can use freeTether, and it works great; it's actually faster than my slow, rural DSL connection.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by splitsick View Post
    I am using wifi tether app on rooted evo to tether to my touchpad. It is working flawlessly. No cords and no connection issues. Rooted my Evo via unrevoked and was really easy. Getting the wifi tether app to work initially was kinda tricky but now I have no problems.
    Any chance you (or somebody else) can expand on that. Afraid I'm not technically advanced, but would love to figure out how to tether my Thunderbolt to the Touchpad (without paying vzw $30/month). As somebody else mentioned, normally it seems many tether programs require software to be installed on the computer on the receiving end as well. Sounds like you figured it out - any pointers or resources?

Thanks
    might be a stupid question but I use a mac for computing, webos for my tablet and window phone 7 for cellphone. Is there anyway to tether to a windows phone 7? I still own my palm pre plus but the hardware isnt quite up to par with my samsung focus and really dont want to go back. Maybe with pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwin892 View Post
    might be a stupid question but I use a mac for computing, webos for my tablet and window phone 7 for cellphone. Is there anyway to tether to a windows phone 7? I still own my palm pre plus but the hardware isnt quite up to par with my samsung focus and really dont want to go back. Maybe with pre 3.
    That's probably a question you'll have to ask on a Win 7 forum. Check with our other site(wpcentral.com) to see what's available for that phone.
    Might be a weird request, but is there any way to had the Touchpad use bluetooth and attach to a windows 7 laptop and use the laptop's internet connection? Trying to basically bypass wifi access as you have to VPN to get that and webOS is not a supported device.

So just want to be able to use bluetooth to tether and use the internet that is currently connected to my laptop.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    The only issue that I've found with freeTether, is if you walk out of range/reset phone with (phone) it from your TouchPad. Leaving the wifi connection on your TouchPad and restarting freeTether, it seems it can "sorta" find it but doesn't connect. (Keeps trying to configure IP address)

The way I've managed to solve this, ( I thought I had to reboot the TP every time, but I've come up with this)

1. freeTether running as per normal with TouchPad.
    2. freeTether signal breaks, either from distance between phone and tablet, or power issue from the phone end.
    3. Open wifi Preferences on TouchPad, shut it OFF.
    4. Restart freeTether on phone, wait until both lights are green.
    5. Turn wifi back on on the TouchPad.
    6. Shouldn't have a problem getting it to lock this way. I've had this happen twice now and it seems that's the only way to get it to work(for me) Hope this helps.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    The only issue that I've found with freeTether, is if you walk out of range/reset phone with (phone) it from your TouchPad. Leaving the wifi connection on your TouchPad and restarting freeTether, it seems it can "sorta" find it but doesn't connect. (Keeps trying to configure IP address)

The way I've managed to solve this, ( I thought I had to reboot the TP every time, but I've come up with this)

1. freeTether running as per normal with TouchPad.
    2. freeTether signal breaks, either from distance between phone and tablet, or power issue from the phone end.
    3. Open wifi Preferences on TouchPad, shut it OFF.
    4. Restart freeTether on phone, wait until both lights are green.
    5. Turn wifi back on on the TouchPad.
    6. Shouldn't have a problem getting it to lock this way. I've had this happen twice now and it seems that's the only way to get it to work(for me) Hope this helps.
    yep works the same way for me every time too... First two weeks i had my tp i had to do thar frequently because of walking too far away! But those were the same steps that I did and it worked every time :-)
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    We also have a hp printer at work that has the Zeen removeable tablet. Freetether would connect but wouldnt allow internet access via the wifi for some reason. But most other devices worked fine. Guess i'm just ensuring that my setup will work with freetether and my sprint pre / touchpad. Cant wait!
    I couldn't get intenet access on my TouchPad or Laptop when I was on the train. I've connected at home and it's worked fine, but it didn't work while I was traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I couldn't get intenet access on my TouchPad or Laptop when I was on the train. I've connected at home and it's worked fine, but it didn't work while I was traveling.
    I'm on the train right now, returning home and everything is working fine. Evidently freetether connects and then takes a moment to connect to the internet. Wait until freetether shows internet access before you launch the browser.
    I am able to run FreeTether on my Pre - and connect to my TouchPad via WiFi, but the Bluetooth connection does not seem to allow FreeTether to work. I have pairing between my Pre - and my TP, but with the FreeTether BT connection the TP reports "No Internet Connection." Anyone get the BT FreeTether connection to the TP work?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwy62 View Post
    I am able to run FreeTether on my Pre - and connect to my TouchPad via WiFi, but the Bluetooth connection does not seem to allow FreeTether to work. I have pairing between my Pre - and my TP, but with the FreeTether BT connection the TP reports "No Internet Connection." Anyone get the BT FreeTether connection to the TP work?

No I have not been able to get it to work via bluetooth either. I've had such inconsistent luck with free tether and the TP. I think it's worked twice for me. Most of the time the TP fails to get an IP from free tether. That could be a network issue but it's always worked perfect when using my laptop at the same locations.

Update: Well if I reboot my phone(wait 5 minutes), then it looks like it will work.
    Last edited by Superjudge; 09/08/2011 at 07:41 AM.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234