Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    I used freeTether with my TouchPad last night w/o any problems.
    my zune HD never got connected to my tethered app
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    just a quick post to report that freeTether running on my Sprint FrakenPre2 with WPA can indeed provide connectivity to my TouchPad. No issues at all.
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    Since Mobile Hotspot quit working I installed Freetether and still can't connect with my netbook...this time it tells me "no device connected"...getting pretty ticked off!!
    My connection between the TouchPad and my Veer was hit and miss- but it appears that if you turn your wifi on the phone 'off' first, it connects right away. I haven't had a chance to look into it farther than that but it's working for me...
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    i've had no problems using freetether and my TP. The speeds are a little slow but it's only 3g. Come on Sprint, need a new webos phone!
    now what I really want to see is enabled bluetooth tethering as one of the features for the bluetooth pairing (The call/sms extended to tethering as well) of the touchpad to a webos phone. If HP or a homebrew patch enables such a feature to pair both gps and data to the touchpad features of the bluetooth pairing they would be enabling a major selling point and a must have for a webos phone + tablet combo.
    MatterOfFactJack
    iowahawk19 and oliverryan like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    I guess the problem is freeTether allows naming with spaces and such and most devices won't connect with spaces in the name.
    I don't think that is the problem. I have my 'freetether' network named with spaces and it is working fine right now with my Touchpad. Although I cannot understand why yesterday I was not able to get it to work and kept getting an IP configuration error.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I don't think that is the problem. I have my 'freetether' network named with spaces and it is working fine right now with my Touchpad. Although I cannot understand why yesterday I was not able to get it to work and kept getting an IP configuration error.
    I've gotten that a couple times also.

My guess, it might be on the TP side.

TP needs some improvement on the IP info / status box.
    was having IP configuration issues with freeTether, rebooted my pre+ and everything working smooth now
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I am at my inlaws (who dont have internet) so my 32GB touchpad was delivered on July 5 and have been using it just about ALL day since 9:30 this am... And it has been working great this whole time, I have noticed that my pre battery gets drained pretty quick on the touchstone but if you take the TP charger and plug in the pre to it it slowly gains charge. I did the whole setup over the tether which also consisted of downloading about 50 apps in connection with my palm profile and updating all my accounts (8 email, 3 contact, & 2 messaging accts)... All that to say it works just fine, btw posting this from my touchpad :-)
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    will freetether work via bluetooth cause I have a pixi on sprint
    it works but battery life sucks for the pre when tethering....any ideas on how to improve it? Will it work via BT or usb cable to touchpad?
    Quote Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post
    I am at my inlaws (who dont have internet) so my 32GB touchpad was delivered on July 5 and have been using it just about ALL day since 9:30 this am... And it has been working great this whole time, I have noticed that my pre battery gets drained pretty quick on the touchstone but if you take the TP charger and plug in the pre to it it slowly gains charge. I did the whole setup over the tether which also consisted of downloading about 50 apps in connection with my palm profile and updating all my accounts (8 email, 3 contact, & 2 messaging accts)... All that to say it works just fine, btw posting this from my touchpad :-)
    Ya the touchpad charger and cord deliver more ampage and 5.3V i believe vs the pre charger which is 5v less amps.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    it works but battery life sucks for the pre when tethering....any ideas on how to improve it? Will it work via BT or usb cable to touchpad?
    As it stands not because the touchpad doesnt have a way to do a PAN network yet. I think it would be cool to find a way to use the BlueTooth pairing it does for calls/texts to also tether data and gps. as soon as that is implemented it would be golden and i think BT will use less pre battery life.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    I had that bizarre IP configuration issue using Pre w/ FT on a Wal-Mart demo. I just figured it was the weird POWM (People Of Wal-Mart) vibe, so I didn't try to troubleshoot it there.

Hopefully it will work fine when mine arrives.
    working good for me on first try! Using TP via FT for 30+ min and no issues so far
    I see pandas.
    Yes, Freetether works with Touchpad just fine. I am running a Pre- on Sprint, and I have no problems.
    I always have issues connecting to freetether, sort of. With my laptop I have found it will not connect unless I launch a brower and pull data. If something else tries to use data it fails until I use a browser. On my TouchPad it just takes like 3 mins. To get network settings. Once it connects works great.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    i've been able to use freetether on my Pre- with my touchpad but the speed is soooo slowwww. My home wifi is about 2200 kbps but with freetether I get about 150...really unusable.

i've got the unthrottle patch installed, although it didnt seem to made a difference.

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    freetether uses your cellular connection, not your wifi I believe
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Yes, it does. I've got a good signal but it is just 3G (sprint). Is that reallly the best I can expect under my conditions?

EDIT: Computer World ran speed tests and got an average of 550kbps download for 3G. I'd be happy with that, if I could get it.
    Last edited by Jeking; 07/08/2011 at 06:45 PM.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast