1.    #1  
    So I have always been the kind of guy to go for the highest capacity item out. In this case, I was highly considering the HP TouchPad 32GB version. However, last week I discovered that google is awesome is its cloud services. Here is what I mean:

The VAST MAJORITY of my used space on my devices is for music. I listen to music all day and own a good amount of it. Last week, I began to use Google Music Beta on my Motorola XOOM tablet and it works flawlessly. I can't even tell I am actually streaming music from the cloud. Because of this and Google Docs, which stores my documents, and other google services for photos, I don't need a 32GB version. I will get only the 16GB and store everything on the cloud. The things that I really depend on I will store in the internal storage.
    Google music even reads my playlists and new songs as I add them to iTunes, so after synchronizing once, I don't need to worry about it again.

An awesome thing it is. I will just use the extra $100 for a case and a touchstone (even though its $130 for that...)
    I will have to look into this. It kind of sounds like HP has something similar planned for the TouchPad. Has anyone seen a video of that in action?
    Only if you use touchpad in a always connected environment.

Also you may not find any 16GB touchpad in stores. try buy it online if you must.
    Isn't the idea behind the HP music system that most of your music is in the cloud while your favorites are on the TouchPad? If that is the case I can get all my favorites on 8GB and have plenty of room for apps still.

How much room would a few movies take. Say maybe 5?
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    avi movie files are around 700 MB.
    Quote Originally Posted by iowahawk19 View Post
    Isn't the idea behind the HP music system that most of your music is in the cloud while your favorites are on the TouchPad? If that is the case I can get all my favorites on 8GB and have plenty of room for apps still.

How much room would a few movies take. Say maybe 5?
    i can't judge how big such market is. I know I want all my stuff on my device and not depend on network connections.

each movie probably takes 1G.
    I just use air video and stream my movies from my computer. I store maybe one or two movies on my ipod. The only downside to streaming is going over data usage on your plan. But in most cases, I stream from wifi when I have the opportunity.
    I'd wait and see how well Google Music is supported first. It should work fine, but you never know.

And as for the comments on HP's music solution, let's wait and see if there actually IS a music solution by HP, rumors are saying they're nowhere near ready.
  9.    #9  
    yeah I know about the HP Music rumors, but that hasn't been released. And HP hasn't even announced anything for it. So for now, I will use google music. It works GREAT.