Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Can you share how you got this -and what exactly are "RZ points"?
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I assume he is talking about Reward Zone Points from Best Buy. You get $5 store credits for every so many points you earn.
    This, and as a premier silver member I get 1.5 points per dollar spent, which comes out to enough for $15 in gift cards from the purchase of the Touch{ad.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Quote Originally Posted by rickwestland View Post
    anyone knows what kind of discount do HP employees get? HP has over 300K employees, Purchases from employees alone probably can probably generate 100K TouchPad sales.
    HP has already posted an internal 'deal of the month' for HP employees in July as part of the HP Employee Purchase Program - 20% off Touchpads The communication explicitly mentioned the desire for HP employees to be product ambassadors (as well as a way to get sales figures up obviously). There has been a lot more positive buzz internally about WebOS and the Touchpad in recent weeks and mentions about potential corporate usage (e.g. education, healthcare, airlines etc) which clearly is a large part of HP's plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamhives View Post
    HP has already posted an internal 'deal of the month' for HP employees in July as part of the HP Employee Purchase Program - 20% off Touchpads The communication explicitly mentioned the desire for HP employees to be product ambassadors (as well as a way to get sales figures up obviously). There has been a lot more positive buzz internally about WebOS and the Touchpad in recent weeks and mentions about potential corporate usage (e.g. education, healthcare, airlines etc) which clearly is a large part of HP's plan.

Do you work for HP?
    I have a friend in systems management/help desk and he hears nothing except what I feed him. Maybe I should prompt him for a TP @ -20 but from other things I have heard, HP is pretty tight on controls. Also, why would they start out with a -20 on a product that we all hope will sell so well, there will be few for discounts even to employees.

So the question is, would you rather have them be a success and be able to keep prices up for now, or fail out of the gate with discounts and have your initial investment drop like a stone, and not be supported.

Priced as that iOS device is the correct move. But time will tell.
    Any Employee Purchase Program should have a nice discount on all products. If HP did not offer something like 20% (I think at least 20%) for employees, that's a slap in the face. If you want them to be ambassadors for their products, they should provide some good incentive. It's sad when Fry's, Best Buy or Amazon are actually cheaper than your companies discount on it's own products.

I have been told that since Bill and Dave passed away and their families out of HP, that place is a shell of what it once was. It used to be a top 10 place to work, now it's not even in the top 100. It's about greed and Sr. Mgmt bonuses now - where and how can we cut, but stay alive.

I read "The HP Way" back in the 90's and there was a quote - Quality People Means Quality Products & Services. Basically, take care of your staff and the rest should fall in place as your employees are committed to the success of your company.

This is much different than today's mindset - no pay raises, less staff to do more of the work with less resources, etc... Folks wake up and are zombies everyday, not real motivated to go the extra mile. (I'm not speaking HP specific here - big business in general).

Ok, done with rant.

Quote Originally Posted by jondough View Post
    I have a friend in systems management/help desk and he hears nothing except what I feed him. Maybe I should prompt him for a TP @ -20 but from other things I have heard, HP is pretty tight on controls. Also, why would they start out with a -20 on a product that we all hope will sell so well, there will be few for discounts even to employees.

So the question is, would you rather have them be a success and be able to keep prices up for now, or fail out of the gate with discounts and have your initial investment drop like a stone, and not be supported.

Priced as that iOS device is the correct move. But time will tell.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12