Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I didn't want to imply TTS is useless, I just hope there will also be the possibility to send URLs/media not only through actually touching.
    I'd like the share functionality to be available through the Share menu... Share with -Facebook -Photobucket -Whatever -Local devices -> it automatically finds devices in reach and I can send them what's on the screen.
    What I'm hoping now, from what I've heard is that the phone sharing requires the same profile but the sharing of webpages and other documents/stuff does not require that same requirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    I didn't want to imply TTS is useless, I just hope there will also be the possibility to send URLs/media not only through actually touching.
    I'd like the share functionality to be available through the Share menu... Share with -Facebook -Photobucket -Whatever -Local devices -> it automatically finds devices in reach and I can send them what's on the screen.
    My guess is there will be BT transfer baked into the OS somewhere (since this is the basis of TTS). As said before though, BT transfer is more clunky because you have to initiate then authorize.

As far as local wifi sharing, I would guess an app can be made for that. There is an app that does syncing with your PC over WiFi. If you really want that, I would take it to the app developer forum here and ask for it. Maybe even go to the developer.palm.com forums and ask for it over there.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Why is everyone bagging on TTS? First off Palm helped pioneer device-to-device transfers with Infared Communications back in the day. You could send almost any file to any compatible device, even some "dumbphones" if they had a IR port. The OS was smart enough that if you sent a paid app, the receiver would get a "demo" version so as to not violate copyright.

Secondly, everyone 'raves' on Apples "bump" which started out as only contact info and was later expanded to include other data types.

Man, the HP\webOS bashing here is really getting out of hand...
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Why is everyone bagging on TTS? First off Palm helped pioneer device-to-device transfers with Infared Communications back in the day. You could send almost any file to any compatible device, even some "dumbphones" if they had a IR port. The OS was smart enough that if you sent a paid app, the receiver would get a "demo" version so as to not violate copyright.

Secondly, everyone 'raves' on Apples "bump" which started out as only contact info and was later expanded to include other data types.

TTS along with possibly the implementation of NFC sharing would be ideal. In the mean time, HP and their TTS is great and the api given to devs will no doubt expand the possibilities of it.

As far as ppl bagging TTS in this thread, if HP gave them TTS with NFC, Quad, core, 1080p resolution, HDMI, 320GB, split keyboards, at $699.00 then people would say that 1080p is soooo yesterday or $699 is too much and that HP needs to keep up with Apple/Google. Lol
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by achill3s View Post
    as far as ppl bagging tts in this thread, if hp gave them tts with nfc, quad, core, 1080p resolution, hdmi, 320gb, split keyboards, at $699.00 then people would say that 1080p is soooo yesterday or $699 is too much and that hp needs to keep up with apple/google. Lol :d
    truth
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post

I didn't want to badmouth TTS, HP or webOS. I just thought of a feature that would be useful in my eyes: using TTS functionality without the "touch" via some kind of configuration-free sharing with devices in reach. Maybe it even will be that way, we don't know yet.

I don't know what exactly you mean by "Apple's Bump". There is or was a third-party app "Bump" which lets you do what you described, sharing contact info. But that's not what I meant. Apple recently showed off OS X 10.7 which has this feature called "AirDrop", which is completely configuration free and lets you share files with devices in reach by drag and drop.
    I think this is a cool feature and I thought that something like that would be cool on webOS and in conclusion this would be TTS with additionally sharing without the "touch", just like we can share pictures to FB; Share-Menu->Share With->Gf's TP or so I imagine it.
    That doesn't mean I hate TTS and webOS, I just like to fantasize about stuff like that

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    My guess is there will be BT transfer baked into the OS somewhere (since this is the basis of TTS). As said before though, BT transfer is more clunky because you have to initiate then authorize.

As far as local wifi sharing, I would guess an app can be made for that. There is an app that does syncing with your PC over WiFi. If you really want that, I would take it to the app developer forum here and ask for it. Maybe even go to the developer.palm.com forums and ask for it over there.
    Sure, traditional BT transfer will (hopefully) be threre. But as you said it's clunky. I hope I described what I mean exactly above. Local wifi sharing in combination with BT or whatever TTS uses, I don't care. And if possible without a third party app. Just an additional TTS feature.

WHY DON'T YOU PEOPLE GET IT?!

Just kidding
    Have a nice day!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    Sure, traditional BT transfer will (hopefully) be threre. But as you said it's clunky. I hope I described what I mean exactly above. Local wifi sharing in combination with BT or whatever TTS uses, I don't care. And if possible without a third party app. Just an additional TTS feature.

WHY DON'T YOU PEOPLE GET IT?!

Just kidding
    Have a nice day!
    I don't think you get it... you are asking for wifi, then saying whatever TTS uses, TTS IS BT. So for what you want it would be a separate function from TTS.

Basically what you are asking for is the ability in the WiFi settings to setup an Ad Hoc network (really why rely on a wifi router when the phones/TP would be within wifi range of eachother). I doubt this will be baked into the OS as part of TTS or in any other way.

Is there any mobile OS that offers what you are asking for out of the box? I just don't see this as being a function for an average consumer. TTS is the way to get the average consumer to understand file sharing without having them have to understand setting up wifi or adhoc file transfers.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12