1.    #1  
    my contract (1 year contracts with at&t) ends next week, and i'm hopping off of my terrible (hardware wise) pre plus to probably the htc inspire. I kinda want to buy this because i know i'm going to miss webos. i'm hoping for a webos superphone next year to get me back to webos.
    Anyone with android planning on getting a touchpad?
    One here! I'm more than happy with GalaxyS and not planning to buy WebOS phone unless they change/add few features in WebOS. On other hand, I'm attracted to WebOS on tablet. As you, one of the reasons is some sort of attachment to WebOS (on smartphone I have some strict expectations and WebOS hasn't delivered few of most important). Tablet is area where WebOS could shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    One here! I'm more than happy with GalaxyS and not planning to buy WebOS phone unless they change/add few features in WebOS. On other hand, I'm attracted to WebOS on tablet. As you, one of the reasons is some sort of attachment to WebOS (on smartphone I have some strict expectations and WebOS hasn't delivered few of most important). Tablet is area where WebOS could shine.
    What are some of the features you speak of that webOS phones don't have?
    Huh??

Anyway saleemy perhaps you should hold on just a bit before jumping the gun the Pre3 is not too far off.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    What are some of the features you speak of that webOS phones don't have?
    I want to avoid turning this tread into another skirmish, so I'll pass with complaints.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    I want to avoid turning this tread into another skirmish, so I'll pass with complaints.
    You already said it, and RoverNole asked a good question, one I was going to ask myself. You obviously don't like webOS as you said, owning a Galaxy S and all, and find the time to come here to tell us. Please, tell us what's 'missing/needs adding/needs changing'. I'd like to know myself please.

EDIT - Just read the letter in the Pre3 forum. This isn't meant as an attack, just a question to you, expecting a list of points as answer. I really would like to know if I may be missing a more beautiful experience somewhere else, because I can't find my experience on other OS's to be nice at all.
    Last edited by nyallj; 06/11/2011 at 09:16 AM.
    NNJ
    I myself have a HTC arrive on sprint, and WP7 is very very good, though I too am looking at getting the touchpad. Though I do need to make sure I can do some things on it I can do on a laptop (I need to do prelimary recording before studio work for my music) so this is a huge thing to me. So far no tablet can do such a thing the way I need to do it, the reason why im still using a laptop. Though I also do not think Webos is missing a thing phone wise, especially with our hombrew community and HP supporting them. So I myself will be back phone wise to webos, as soon as they release a device on sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    I really would like to know if I may be missing a more beautiful experience somewhere else, because I can't find my experience on other OS's to be nice at all.
    To be frank, there is no beauty in my phone's setup. just plain efficiency. Widgets: Agenda, Google search (as substitute for just type) and weather on main desktop, few RSS feeds on left desktop, scrollable picture contacts on right desktop, and far right desktop contains SMS and email widgets.
    I'm not big fan of widgets but they do the job. Also, With voodoo sound fix I've got digital amplifier option which, in mix with EQ, gives fantastic audio output on headphones. For call filtering I'm using app Auto Ring. It gives me option to set whitelist of contact for which silent mode doesn't apply (for calls and messages). Also for RDP (native RDP without need for some server app on remote PC) I'm using 2X client in conjunction with android's native PPTP VPN.
    I've used Lockinfo on Iphone and like it more than widgets, but it needs jailbroken phone. Problem with installation of apps like Lockinfo is that it needs ton of other services to operate on Iphone, and after installation of this service phone becomes slightly sluggish and slightly unstable.

All those features are important for me including good audio output - I'm traveling to my work about 1 hour by public transportation and that time is only time when I can listen music. While I travel often someone from work calls me, so I do not want to have separate audio device.

If you managed to go thru my post, you've seen - it's not beauty that drives me, it's only stuff that I need.
    Last edited by chalx; 06/11/2011 at 07:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    To be frank, there is no beauty in my phone's setup. just plain efficiency. Widgets: Agenda, Google search (as substitute for just type) and weather on main desktop, few RSS feeds on left desktop, scrollable picture contacts on right desktop, and far right desktop contains SMS and email widgets.
    I'm not big fan of widgets but they do the job.
    I've played with an Android phone, and the clunkiness of that widgets thing really irked me. It was a pain. When MS brought out Vista, the first thing I got rid of was the widgets bar, it was a pain indeed. Needless to say, you can imagine how much I enjoy 7.

Also, With voodoo sound fix I've got digital amplifier option which, in mix with EQ, gives fantastic audio output on headphones.
    The Pre3 seems to be coming with BEATS Audio. I'm using a Dell 15R right now, and I can tell you, having heard HP laptops using BEATS Audio - both through included speakers and headsets, I look forward to sound quality from these devices. (It would really be ridiculous to market/boast a feature that doesn't live up, eh?)

For call filtering I'm using app Auto Ring. It gives me option to set whitelist of contact for which silent mode doesn't apply (for calls and messages). Also for RDP (native RDP without need for some server app on remote PC) I'm using 2X client in conjunction with android's native PPTP VPN.
    I've used Lockinfo on Iphone and like it more than widgets, but it needs jailbroken phone. Problem with installation of apps like Lockinfo is that it needs ton of other services to operate on Iphone, and after installation of this service phone becomes slightly sluggish and slightly unstable.

All those features are important for me including good audio output - I'm traveling to my work about 1 hour by public transportation and that time is only time when I can listen music. While I travel often someone from work calls me, so I do not want to have separate audio device.

If you managed to go thru my post, you've seen - it's not beauty that drives me, it's only stuff that I need.
    I think we will have to agree to disagree on that beauty and functionality part. From what I have seen, so far the only argument iOS and Android has over webOS is the 'tons of apps'. Since webOS will come with the 'essential apps out of the box', and already has ALL the apps I will ever need, that's a non-argument for me. I can see one problem for me with the tons of apps thing though: if I need one app for a function (let's say RSS reader just for an example's sake), and there are hundreds of these types of apps, how do I decide which one to use?
    Functionality, and beauty. Why can't I have them both? And that's what I get with webOS.
    NNJ
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Let me see. On the iPad, you go to the App Store. Do a search on what you want. Lets say RSS, and once you get the list with 304 different apps that have something to do with RSS. You can then narrow the list down by release date, customer rating, price, and device (iPad or iPhone). So, like in my case I usually narrow it down by device (iPad and customer ratings-4+ stars). This will remove the awful and not so good programs. So, in the case of RSS reader - it brought my selection down to 56. Now, I can further add free price as an option. Now, I am down to 26. I like to be able to look at a selection of more than 1-5. This allows me to get an apps that is closer to what I want.

I wrote this because, I am very tired of hearing that to many apps are bad. I left my Webos phone because, I had very little choices on the app market. With android and iOS giving me the choice as to how many apps I want to check and how I want to narrow my selection down.

I was heart broken when I realized I was an App *****, and the beauty of Webos was not enough for my habit.

I really hope. That HP will help substantially in getting apps to their new pad, giving customers more choices. I will not hesitate to go back to webos when I have more choices in the app store. I just did not find the elegance of webos enough. I love my apps.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    alltrippy,

Is that a real dog or animal for your picture?
    Quote Originally Posted by alltrippy View Post
    Let me see. On the iPad, you go to the App Store. Do a search on what you want. Lets say RSS, and once you get the list with 304 different apps that have something to do with RSS. You can then narrow the list down by release date, customer rating, price, and device (iPad or iPhone). So, like in my case I usually narrow it down by device (iPad and customer ratings-4+ stars). This will remove the awful and not so good programs. So, in the case of RSS reader - it brought my selection down to 56. Now, I can further add free price as an option. Now, I am down to 26. I like to be able to look at a selection of more than 1-5. This allows me to get an apps that is closer to what I want.

I wrote this because, I am very tired of hearing that to many apps are bad. I left my Webos phone because, I had very little choices on the app market. With android and iOS giving me the choice as to how many apps I want to check and how I want to narrow my selection down.

I was heart broken when I realized I was an App *****, and the beauty of Webos was not enough for my habit.

I really hope. That HP will help substantially in getting apps to their new pad, giving customers more choices. I will not hesitate to go back to webos when I have more choices in the app store. I just did not find the elegance of webos enough. I love my apps.
    The only RSS app you need: Reeder for iPad on the iTunes App Store