1.    #1  
    One wise man said: "The WebOS community soon will have a spirit, which Apple once had, but lost it somewhere silicon valley... The spirit coming back, coming with different face and abilities, The spirit of WebOS" - The wise man its me ))

P.S. I am selling my iPhone 4 (with iOS 5 beta) and iPad 2 also has iOS 5 beta, and buying HP TouchPad and Veer!
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iverieli View Post
    One wise man said: "The WebOS community soon will have a spirit, which Apple once had, but lost it somewhere silicon valley... The spirit coming back, coming with different face and abilities, The spirit of WebOS" - The wise man its me ))

P.S. I am selling my iPhone 4 (with iOS 5 beta) and iPad 2 also has iOS 5 beta, and buying HP TouchPad and Veer!
    That's interesting. I think I'd prefer a larger screen than the Veer has, but good for you -- hope it is what you are looking for.

John Gruber, in his podcast a couple weeks ago, likened the WebOS team to the Apple of years ago, in that he feels they're in a similar position and that he'd like to see them succeed. (He had a veer to review and while he prefers a larger screen & touch keyboard, he is really interested in the future of WebOS.)
  3.    #3  
    Wow I really didn't know about John Gruber's podcast. Thats nice to hear.

Veer will be fine for me with touchpad, I had Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2 and Pixi Plus before and I know how the small screen is look or feels. I can't wait any more for Pre 3, enough!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Yes, what most don't realize is that if you're pairing up a phone with the TouchPad, you don't NEED a larger screen on the phone. Veer works great and will sit in your pocket when the tablet is in your hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Yes, what most don't realize is that if you're pairing up a phone with the TouchPad, you don't NEED a larger screen on the phone. Veer works great and will sit in your pocket when the tablet is in your hands.
    what the killer-app will be (and maybe webos internals can pull this off) is to create something on the touchpad that will use the phone as a 3g and gps sharing gateway directly (kinda like freetether I guess, but controlled all via touchpad). Essentially make it so the phone + wifi touchpad is all you need (no need for a touchpad w 3g and pay for extra 3g service)>
    Why not just use freetether?