Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering if the mid-July date that was announce for the Touchpad availability in Canada really mean that it will be release on July 15th. Does anybody know if it's on July 15th or it will be around that date?? Thanks.
    HP posted on their twitter account that it will be july 15th. I can't wait!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  3.    #3  
    Yeahh!! Thank you!!
    still one full month. Might pick one up in the US. Seeing that its wifi only, no unlock necessary.
    Future Shop has reported that it will be available on July 15 at $519

HP TouchPad to touch down in Canada on July 15 - Future Shop Community Forums
    the CAD is worth more than the USD now, why we pay more still? no idea.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Still getting screwed....gotta be the shipping or something....Hey I get paid the Monday following the 15th ......Are you thinking what I'm thinking???

And to think months ago, I questioned the functionality and purpose of a tablet.... my, my how things can change......me want's one....although with the amount of highway driving, it sure would be nice to have a 3G version.....(but then you could always just use freetether, no? and with Bell Mobilities broken data recording on CDMA, that could be a good thing )

Let's say I accidentally walked into a WalMart, and let's say I accidentally walked past the electronics section, and let's say I accidentally looked at the touchpad, and let's say I accidentally bought the touchpad......Think the gf would buy that???
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Still getting screwed....gotta be the shipping or something....Hey I get paid the Monday following the 15th ......Are you thinking what I'm thinking???

And to think months ago, I questioned the functionality and purpose of a tablet.... my, my how things can change......me want's one....although with the amount of highway driving, it sure would be nice to have a 3G version.....(but then you could always just use freetether, no? and with Bell Mobilities broken data recording on CDMA, that could be a good thing )

Let's say I accidentally walked into a WalMart, and let's say I accidentally walked past the electronics section, and let's say I accidentally looked at the touchpad, and let's say I accidentally bought the touchpad......Think the gf would buy that???
    i'm in the same boat as you my friend.

at times i sit and think "tablets really are useless. it's just convenience. and how much of that 'convenience' would i actually use of it"

but then i sit there and think of webos on the big screen, and how awesome it will be.

I've got the pre 2 with 1.5 gigs of data with rogers.. so mobile hotspot comes in handy for me

and my plan with the gf is to get her a veer somehow (she likes the idea of the smallness) to you know, ease the 519 dollar pain when i walk in the house with a tablet lol
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    NAFTA really screwed us. that's why we're paying more still
    and retailers can get away with it too
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    and my plan with the gf is to get her a veer somehow (she likes the idea of the smallness) to you know, ease the 519 dollar pain when i walk in the house with a tablet lol
    HAHA, I like this one...

so to ease her pain because of you spending 519 Dollars, you buy something a second thing, again some hundred Dollars, hehehehehe

I'm pretty sure it works, but it's funny though
    I was thinking about that as well (the veer idea) She didn't have nearly as much patience with my phone as I did. Mind you she saw all the hair pulling and frustration I went through so probably got a little biased from that

But from what it sounds like from the "actual people that own and use them daily" as opposed to the "I am reviewing a phone that doesn't suit me" people, sounds like it's a lot more "out of the box" friendly.

Ok, I'll admit it, I might be getting a little excited about the TouchPad now
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    HAHA, I like this one...

so to ease her pain because of you spending 519 Dollars, you buy something a second thing, again some hundred Dollars, hehehehehe

I'm pretty sure it works, but it's funny though
    haha that's the beauty of it. sure you may be spending a little extra getting her that veer on top of the 519, but shh.. in her head she's happy to get something. maybe, if she's lucky, i'll let her use the tablet once or twice hahah

I was thinking about that as well (the veer idea) She didn't have nearly as much patience with my phone as I did. Mind you she saw all the hair pulling and frustration I went through so probably got a little biased from that

But from what it sounds like from the "actual people that own and use them daily" as opposed to the "I am reviewing a phone that doesn't suit me" people, sounds like it's a lot more "out of the box" friendly.

Ok, I'll admit it, I might be getting a little excited about the TouchPad now
    ah such is the case with everything. reviews are generally biased in some way. you always have to take it with a grain of salt.

plus my gf has a bb storm 2... and let me tell you, when she gets a new phone expect to see that thing driven over with the car a few times. no problem i ever had on the original pre with bell even came close to the issues she has with the storm. And with the pre 2, i haven't had a single problem either. So i've sold her on webOS quite a bit.

I watched that other video in the forum of the touchpad. i have been debating on if it is worth it or not. what sealed the deal for me was when he said "if you have google maps, touch to share and you'll be out the door".. i don't know how many times that will actually be of use for me. Being new to the city and all, lots of places i need to find out where is where and this would just make life so much easier.
    You're in Edmonton if I remember correctly??? (It was you talking about going to Texas in July and if anyone (Edmonton area, of course)wanted a TP, you'd get them one?)That city is...well up I drive up there every night during the week, and there's so much road construction going on...I only know a few ways from the NW side back south, and I got caught last week....every way I knew out of the city was closed for construction, including the high level bridge...I have GPS on my phone, have a Garmin(that I rarely use anymore) but kind of useless when those things can't tell if a road's open or not anyway. That TTS will be handy for that, but I have also used neato! in the same fashion
    here is some more info for all you fellow Canucks.

HP TouchPad arriving in Canada July 15 | FP Tech Desk | Financial Post

Costco, London Drugs, Best Buy, Future Shop, The Source. Interesting that they don't note Walmart since it's such a big release for the USA.
    You're in Edmonton if I remember correctly??? (It was you talking about going to Texas in July and if anyone (Edmonton area, of course)wanted a TP, you'd get them one?)That city is...well up I drive up there every night during the week, and there's so much road construction going on...I only know a few ways from the NW side back south, and I got caught last week....every way I knew out of the city was closed for construction, including the high level bridge...I have GPS on my phone, have a Garmin(that I rarely use anymore) but kind of useless when those things can't tell if a road's open or not anyway. That TTS will be handy for that, but I have also used neato! in the same fashion
    haha nah, no Edmonton for me. i'm from Toronto, but moved to Calgary almost a year ago.
    I moved from Vancouver Island little over 10 years ago, from a town of 30,000. It took me almost 2 years to get this city figured out, and from when I moved here to now, it's grown a lot. It's a pretty straight forward city, as long as you don't get caught in one of those neighborhoods that every road starts the same ie McKenzie Lake: Road, Avenue, Street, Way, Close, Gate, Blvd, Drive, etc, etc, etc those are the only areas that trip me up now.
    I moved from Vancouver Island little over 10 years ago, from a town of 30,000. It took me almost 2 years to get this city figured out, and from when I moved here to now, it's grown a lot. It's a pretty straight forward city, as long as you don't get caught in one of those neighborhoods that every road starts the same ie McKenzie Lake: Road, Avenue, Street, Way, Close, Gate, Blvd, Drive, etc, etc, etc those are the only areas that trip me up now.
    I used to live in Calgary for a few years also. The traffic there is so congested! Nice city, but getting around drives me crazy during rush hour. You are right about the road construction here in Edmonton. Almost every main artery has either a bridge being overhauled or overpasses being put up. It's a serious pain in the Not to mention the photo radar trucks, vans, cars, strategically put up around most of those sites. Thats what I loved about Calgary, I could boot down the Deer foot full speed and not worry about cops.
    You guys are getting off topic! :P
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    on July 15th, all Canadians must open their box of faith and proceed to the tree in Edmonton for a TouchPad...

Futureshop.ca pre-orders start on June 19th! I'm so pre-ordering!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast