Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    About the TouchPad! Told me the pricing and offered me the ability to preorder it. Kinda cool, although I am sure others were called. Who else got a call??!!
    was emailed. I responded twice, and within 10 minutes had a response from the rep. Super fast in response.
    are you guys getting it from hp or a retail store? Not sure what to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    are you guys getting it from hp or a retail store? Not sure what to do?
    I am thinking about ordering through hp rep. If it doesnt come on the first I'll buy retail and return the one from hp to the store i have the receipt for.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I also got an email and wish I had enough saved up to pre-order. Looking forward to the release and coming months! Sorli...
    how do get an email from on of those HP sales rep... Wouldn't mind a pre order
    Quote Originally Posted by benleroux View Post
    how do get an email from on of those HP sales rep... Wouldn't mind a pre order
    One way is to click the notify me button on the HP SMB store or the Palm web site. Give them your email address and you can bet your last dollar you'll be getting email from them.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    So if you pre-order it do we know if HP would ship and have it before July 1st?
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    So if you pre-order it do we know if HP would ship and have it before July 1st?
    Several of us have asked and we've all been told that it goes into the mail on the 1st for an overnight delivery.
    Im going to be waiting on the 3G version.
    Oh goodness, HP is in more trouble than I thought if they're mailing pre-orders on the 1st. Depending on the carrier, that means shipping Friday would arrive normally on a Monday, but due to the holiday not 'til Tuesday. That's colossally stupid.

It's so brain-dead dumb that I'm certain HP will actually ship on the 29/30th for delivery on the first.
    i love hp products hp is owsome brand for me love it
    Emailed after telling me they called (I'm abroad) so I can pre-order two for my small business on the 19th.

Epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by jakerome View Post
    Oh goodness, HP is in more trouble than I thought if they're mailing pre-orders on the 1st. Depending on the carrier, that means shipping Friday would arrive normally on a Monday, but due to the holiday not 'til Tuesday. That's colossally stupid.

It's so brain-dead dumb that I'm certain HP will actually ship on the 29/30th for delivery on the first.
    Do they not have Saturday package deliveries where you live?
    webOS user since 20090606.
    so which version did people ordered? And, were you even given a choice between the 16GB or 32GB one?
    If the TouchPad is on retail shelves on July 1st, it would be absolute colossal stupidity on HP's part to mail out TouchPads to pre-orders on the 1st. They should, instead, insure delivery on the 1st. Maybe someone with connections needs to ask a little higher up what the deal is.
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    If the TouchPad is on retail shelves on July 1st, it would be absolute colossal stupidity on HP's part to mail out TouchPads to pre-orders on the 1st. They should, instead, insure delivery on the 1st. Maybe someone with connections needs to ask a little higher up what the deal is.
    im not familiar with the industry standard practice, how do other companies handle the situation?

I can understand of putting it on shelves on July 1st, because the holiday weekend is coming up (but only 2 per store, and lack of 16GB in store, seem contradicts to the motivation to start with).
    If July 1 is anything but a hard launch then y announce a launch date?
    For me, I really don't "need" one so I'll wait for the reviews I'm sure are going to flood Precental.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    im not familiar with the industry standard practice, how do other companies handle the situation?

I can understand of putting it on shelves on July 1st, because the holiday weekend is coming up (but only 2 per store, and lack of 16GB in store, seem contradicts to the motivation to start with).
    Generally, when a company allows you to pre-order, it's for two reasons: 1) guarantee you get it and 2) to get it too you at the same time, or earlier, than you can pick it up at retail. When companies fail to get pre-orders into the hands of customers when the product shows up on the retail shelf, there is always a s***storm of comments on forums, calls to the company, as well as a bazillion emails from customers who are ticked that they already paid for a product, but they don't have it yet, and could have just walked down to Walmart and bought one.

As I said, if the devices are on the shelves on the 1st, and not in the hands of those who pre-ordered, then it is really stupid on HP's part. Don't offer pre-orders if you're not going to have it in the customers' hands the same day, or earlier, than it hits the shelves in retail.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast