Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Nothing new, but thought of sharing another HP Discover 2011 Touchpad video that was uploaded today on youtube:

"HP TouchPad Feature Review and Walkthrough"

Link:
    Last edited by epidoc; 06/10/2011 at 06:35 PM.
    Nice video.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Def good to see more and more vids coming out.Loving the TouchPad more and more.
    seeing new stuff with each video. As of Wednesday afternoon I was on the fence about picking one of these up. The 38 minute video, this video and several others have really made this a serious want and it will be ordered ASAP.
    What jumped out at me was how long it took for the webpage to load on the Pre3. Let's hope they just haven't "optimized" it yet.
    Great video. This guy should demo the devices more!
    Best video out yet, really shows off the TouchPad features. Can't wait to get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by mypreindc View Post
    What jumped out at me was how long it took for the webpage to load on the Pre3. Let's hope they just haven't "optimized" it yet.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $only$ $the$ $webpage$ $link$ $is$ $sent$, $it$ $is$ $downloaded$ $over$ $the$ $Pre$'$s$ $data$ $connection$. $Any$ $slowness$ $is$ $due$ $to$ $the$ $slowness$ $of$ $the$ $network$.
    Awesome!!
    The flash enabled video looked horrible to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $only$ $the$ $webpage$ $link$ $is$ $sent$, $it$ $is$ $downloaded$ $over$ $the$ $Pre$'$s$ $data$ $connection$. $Any$ $slowness$ $is$ $due$ $to$ $the$ $slowness$ $of$ $the$ $network$.
    This.

Seriously, it was just a few seconds from no browser to webpage load with just a tap. The Pre 3 is still using the Mojo browser as well, so you still have the slowness of the initial load.

So far I really like what I have seen. The experience on the TouchPad looks great. This is clearly a tablet that can get things done the way I would want. The iPad is OK, and may have a lot more apps, but I think the overall way you get things done in webOS is far better for everyday use. It's the key differentiators that give it a shot, as long as HP can continue to find ways to drive the point home and do so to as many people as it can. Getting the word out is key.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    I think that might be related to the site (Yahoo Movies). I just watched a flash trailer on my Quad Core Phenom II with a 5750 and "accelerated" drivers and flash and I still saw the trailers occasionally stutter, but obviously not nearly as bad as that demo. Network speed and raw compute power are in serious need for some flash sites, so I'll give it a pass for now until we see the shipping units on a multitude of sites.
    Yes it did, however, it was still buffering. Something I have noticed with all mobile devices running flash is that they are all choppy when playing videos while they are behind on buffering at the start. Translated, on all mobile flash devices it is always choppy at the start of playing videos but after 5-10 seconds it gets surprisingly better.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Could have also been the wifi. Or an older version of Flash, aka not 10.3. Will be interesting to see that.

But good video, and good find!
    Nice video and glad to see the up gesture is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Nice video and glad to see the up gesture is there.
    +1
    C'mon, I didn't think it was bad at all...
    It didn't seem that bad to me :12 seconds for a content heavy site... and we don't even know what the internet connection was like.

This was probably the best touchpad demo I've seen as far as speed/performance is concerned.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Excellent! One of the best demo videos without doubt. We must have more videos to come out of the HP event though.
  20. vpr
    I agree - when he played the video off the yahoo movies page, the video appeared to be jerky and dropping frames. I wonder if it has the ability to use HTML5 for video playback instead of flash on sites that support HTML5?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast