Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    really good video. the spokesperson really knew his stuff, and he spoke well even with his aussie accent lol

he really utilized the strong points of webos, including synergy, touch-to-share and omg, 16 exchange accounts? I thought webOS could only support one?

anyways, I never thought of the idea of google maps and touch-to-share.. i don't know how many times that would actually come in use for me.

as for speed of touch-to-share, really.. it was not at all bad. if i have to wait 5 seconds, it's not the end of the world. that 5 seconds is a heck of a lot faster than having to get your phone, and find what you were doing. so stop expecting everything to be instant lightning fast. we're lucky to have that feature in it.

flash well, as stated, so many different situations. could be the website, the wifi connection, buffering, etc. i've had great experiences so far with flash on the pre 2 so no complaints.

i'm excited for the touchpad and i'm afraid that video sealed my fate with it... i'm definitely buying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    The flash enabled video looked horrible to me.
    Yeah, have to agree. I noticed they panned away from it pretty quick.

On the other hand, from the scrub-bar, it looked like it was buffering.. so that may have been the stuttering you see on any platform when the stream isn't all there yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    really good video. the spokesperson really knew his stuff, and he spoke well even with his aussie accent lol.
    That was an interesting accent - I don't think it was all Australian though. Sounded to me like a Pole who learned his English from an Aussie.. heh
    the only thing that i noticed that made me raise my eyebrow was when you're in a reply to an email, why is it not full screen? Why have the grey bars at the side of it?
    This video is great. It definitely shows improvements software wise from Feb9 to june. Things seems more fluid and responsive.

Looking forward to HP's massive assault ad campaign for the touchpad.
    Why do all these demo videos continuously show the same thing? Calendar, Email, and same 'ole touch-to-share demo of the Allrecipe.com site.

I'd like to see a demo that's not controlled.
    I'm hoping Palm is spending the next 10 days to 3 weeks polishing more apps and that is why we are not seeing them yet. I can wait.

Another video from TechCrunch here:

Hands On With The HP TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I'd like to see a demo that's not controlled.
    There is far more chance of an effective and compact demo if it is planned. Good job HP!
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    There is far more chance of an effective and compact demo if it is planned. Good job HP!
    Right, but it raises question as to why there hasn't been candid videos yet, what are they hiding?
    Right, but it raises question as to why there hasn't been candid videos yet, what are they hiding?
    HP are basically the only people able to publicly show them at the moment, so why would they waste their effort with half ar.ed amateur videos and demo's? Doesn't make much sense to me.
    Wow, very smooth and fluid. Damn it, now I want one.

Good job HP, it's just so obvious how much more better optimized webOS 3.0 is now compared to the one showed back in February.
    That 37+ minute video was an unscripted demo of the product, and he performed some things that were asked about from the roundtable. In some respects, I suspect that HP may have some last minute surprises that they plan to unveil when the tablet is actually for sale at retail. We know Adobe Reader is on there, but they haven't shown it. We've seen some excellent demos of Citrix, but they haven't showed it in the standard demos. I think they are trying to focus on showing the core stuff that everyone will use and not bog demos down with items that are more specific to individual needs, to at least some degree.

We'll know for sure in 19 days.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    The video seemed to suggest that one could receive an email on the Pre 3 and respond to it via "touch and share" on the Touchpad. Would this be true even with the wifi only Touchpad in an area where there was no wifi? In other words, can you use a 3G connection with "touch and share" on a wifi only Touchpad?
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    HP are basically the only people able to publicly show them at the moment, so why would they waste their effort with half ar.ed amateur videos and demo's? Doesn't make much sense to me.
    Because amateur videos/demos depicts real world usage. Have you never experienced or seen an Apple event after they announce new hardware? Demo units are available immediately after and tech reviews (with hands-on demo videos) are available same day.

It appears that won't be the case with the TouchPad until it's actually available for sale. I really question why they're trying to control so much until after its release.
    ... I really question why they're trying to control so much until after its release.
    My guess is HP must think it's unannounced gems (surprises, I believe they called them) will be great. We'll know soon enough.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by fed123 View Post
    The video seemed to suggest that one could receive an email on the Pre 3 and respond to it via "touch and share" on the Touchpad. Would this be true even with the wifi only Touchpad in an area where there was no wifi? In other words, can you use a 3G connection with "touch and share" on a wifi only Touchpad?
    As long as you are tethering to your touchpad, it should be alright. But if there is no wifi, then it may 'transfer' over, but you wouldn't be able to actually send the email.
    The TouchPad for Entertainment video also shows a number of flash videos, including a YouTube video of a shuttle launch, and they all looked pretty smooth. I think, with a good network connection, flash videos will be fine, for the most part.

I would imagine we may see some third party hands-on videos in the next week or so.
    Good video, I think.

Worth watching, even when already knowing all the other videos!

Yet another TouchPad demo: truly wireless [video] | PreCentral.net | The #1 HP webOS Community

Already posted, but it is a good video. Worth watching for anyone who missed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fed123 View Post
    Email received on PRe3 will also be received by Touchpad as they share the same profile thus same accounts on email app. SMS and calls received by PRe3 are shared via bluetooth which has a range of about 30-40 feet (according to one user). There is no browser sharing option a la playbook AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $as$ $I$ $am$ $sure$ $carriers$ $would$ $frown$ $on$ $that$.

So, "no"; for now there doesn't seem to be a bluetooth based internet tethering option for browsers built into Touch to share . It is currently limited to SMS and voice/video calls.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast