1.    #1  
    So I'm going to be team teaching a course next year that includes webOS app development. I'm wanting to purchase 3 TouchPads with all accessories.

We have two older students that are team leaders that would each get a TouchPad to test apps on and one for the teacher .

My question is: should we get 16 or 32GB? I was told by our IT leader that older Palm devices needed their apps to be developed on the bigger models Same with HP?

I guess I didn't 100% follow as I thought most of the development wouldn't even be on the TouchPad. Hence not getting one for each student...

Thanks for your advice!
    They both have the same amount of RAM, so the only thing you gain with 32GB is the ability to store more music and videos. Save the taxpayer's money and you will be fine.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iowahawk19 View Post
    So I'm going to be team teaching a course next year that includes webOS app development. I'm wanting to purchase 3 TouchPads with all accessories.

We have two older students that are team leaders that would each get a TouchPad to test apps on and one for the teacher .

My question is: should we get 16 or 32GB? I was told by our IT leader that older Palm devices needed their apps to be developed on the bigger models Same with HP?

I guess I didn't 100% follow as I thought most of the development wouldn't even be on the TouchPad. Hence not getting one for each student...

Thanks for your advice!
    Not sure why that would be the case. Development is done on the PC, testing can be done both on the PC and the tablet. Most of the storage space is expected for media and you'd be hard pressed to fill up even the smaller device with apps alone. I'd say save some money and go with the 16's.
  4.    #4  
    Okay- Thanks guys. That was my original plan. 16GB

I didn't follow what he was talking about either. He said something about memory loss from the 16GB version. I think he was lost!!

FWIW: webOS was chosen as the platform of choice because of these forums and the support of the community along with it building off our web design class