Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    My rep said, yeah, you can buy it locally, on the 1st, but what if you get there and they are sold out?
    you know, the retail store may not have 16 gb version...
    My Rep couldn't guarantee a ship date but emphasized I wouldn't be charged until it is shipped and that if I could get it in BB before that I could cancel my order.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    First off, the rep was trying to make a sale, that's his job. Secondly, your sentence:

" I feel that I have had enough patience (especially with my original Palm Pre device which has seen zero support from HP) for a new webOS device, and as I do appreciate your help, I'd rather be a day one early adopter."

comes across as a bit snotty and rude as this rep had nothing to do with your lack of support for the pre. I know in emails you can type something and not really mean how it comes across. Sales reps really don't want to hear someone gripe about a bad support service someone had- they can do nothing about it.

Finally, we all know that many stores have a warehouse receiving date of June 22'ish, so that the product can be purchased on the 1st. Now, stock availablility may not be great but 3 days difference in the grand scheme of life is not a big deal really regardless if your rep was correct. I agree with your rep, patience is a virtue.

I tend to be a little blunt in my messages, so I hope this is taken positively in the manner it was ment.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacrot View Post
    comes across as a bit snotty and rude as this rep had nothing to do with your lack of support for the pre. I know in emails you can type something and not really mean how it comes across. Sales reps really don't want to hear someone gripe about a bad support service someone had- they can do nothing about it.
    I debated throwing that in. My reasoning, however, was so if the rep needed a reason why one of his potential clients didn't want to order from him, that was one. I don't think it's 'snotty' to say that HP didn't deliver on it's promise to 'make things right' for us early adopters. I'm going to make a judgment by your recent join date and number of posts, and say that you probably haven't owned a Palm product for very long (that's snotty though, I know, and possibly the wrong judgement). But I've had the same phone for nearly two years, and the company has been owned by HP for almost a year. We all have supervisors, if the kid had to reconcile his inability to make a sale, this could be one reason. I'm sick of waiting for something new. He couldn't get it to me on day one, but his snotty attitude that "patience is a virtue" turned me off of his sales ability very quickly. I know he doesn't have control over release dates, but he could have easily asked his superior for clarification instead of trying to give me philosophy on why I should be fine waiting several days for a shipment over purchasing locally, and having the product in hand when I want it.

But, he's just a salesman, doing his job.
    I keep trying to tell folks these sales reps aren't what folks think they are.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12