1.    #1  
    When I go to buy my touchpad on Jul 1 will I not be able to use it as a main messaging device until I have a pre 3? Are there any homebrew solutions that will allow the pre minus to communicate with the touchpad?
  2.    #2  
    Bump and another thought:

What about apps that I use. Will I be able to run something like a task manager and have both the pre minus and the touchpad interact with one another?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgso View Post
    When I go to buy my touchpad on Jul 1 will I not be able to use it as a main messaging device until I have a pre 3? Are there any homebrew solutions that will allow the pre minus to communicate with the touchpad?
    I doubt you'll see anything resembling homebrew for the TP until the device is actually available.
    i think it is a bit of a blow. would be nice if the folks that demo these in BB and other stores could show off TTS, call forward, etc. Maybe the Veer will receive an update before the demo days start. That would help I think.
    You don't NEED, just like you don't need an iPhone to enjoy the iPad
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    by definition u will since the pre3 and and TP can interact with one another and we dont know how long till the veer gets it soft update....
    as for the apps u currently use dont worry because with the touchpad u can use multiple profiles so any apps u have now will be brought over to the TP so long u set up the same profile ur using on the pre. the apps will be emulated since there is no forwards and back gestures on the TP and will take up only a small windown not the entire screen
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!