View Poll Results: Would you buying TP on day one or...

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm preordering, can't wait 07.01.

41 50.62%
  • I will wait to see reactions of guy above

22 27.16%
  • I'm waiting for price drop

13 16.05%
  • I have Ipad2 posting here just to annoy you

5 6.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, we know where and when, so who will buy it and when?
    I will wait to see comments of early adopters and to see some major software updates first, even if performance on test unit is good.
    I wanted one months ago. I'll take it how it is. This thing is HPs baby, I think they should be alright with updates, and I'm sure they had enough time to get the software ready.

If not, I don't care. So long as the thing works and I have a warranty on it. I'm cool.
    I'm thinking about jumping the gun on this thing and being an early adopter. Heck, just knowing the upswipe gesture is back made me want the TouchPad a million times more. I hate it when I'm using some other phone/tablet and I can't upswipe on it. XD
    Would love to vote but there is an option missing from the poll: Can´t buy it because Touchpad will not be available in my country!
    Handspring Visor -> Palm III -> Palm Tungsten T2 -> Palm Tungsten T5 -> Palm Lifedrive -> Palm Pre -> HP Veer -> HP Touchpad -> HP Pre3
    I want 4G, wether it be AT&T LTE/HSPA+, or Sprint WiMax

I need mobile data.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldReporter View Post
    I want 4G, wether it be AT&T LTE/HSPA+, or Sprint WiMax

I need mobile data.
    Tether it to your “4G” Veer.
    Probably picking it up at BB on launch day. I am not a huge fan of BB, but I will take the RZ points, unless I can get the company HP discount on it.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Being a Pre- user, with no Pre3 available just yet (or within the time the TP is released), I will be waiting to buy the TP until I have a webOS phone compatible with it. I'm hoping by August we on Sprint will have our Pre3.
    yeah, please add the not available in your country option
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I need a new phone first - Pre3/Sprint? IF that happen, THEN, I'll be buying 32gig WiFi only TouchPad. If that doesn't happen.... all bets are off re:staying with webOS and HP
    I'm waiting til I have enough dough!!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    lot of things to wait. definitely not gonna buy it now
    waiting for the pre3 on sprint first
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I'm not holding my breath for a Sprint webOS phone (though secretly I suspect they'll have something by Fall). This is not the major feature I require, though. I need a more portable netbook that I can pack as easily as a spiral-bound notebook.

The thing is I'm on a fairly conservative budget these days. HP doesn't demand "no discounts" from retailers (unlike some juggernaut in the tablet space), so at some point the Touchpad will cost less than the currently advertised price-points.

For HP's sake, I hope that happens as they're getting ready to sunset the Touchpad 1. For me, I'll make a herculean effort to wait a month to see if discounters lower the price, and whether the inevitable first-gen bugs are easily squashed, or turn out to be major manufacturing defects.

edit: I have to say that I've been an early adopter for both successful and unsuccessful platforms. When I had money to burn, I had no fear. But it's really that first month after release that will tell the story. I can't think of any major new product release that hasn't experienced hiccups. Some are cured within a week or two, some can't be recovered from.

I'm sure that after folks get their hands on a pad there'll be hollering in the P/C forums (why should that day be any different?). The thing I'll be watching is how well HP deals with those release hiccups.
    I'm planning to wait at least through the holiday weekend, read reports from the early adopters and reviewers, and then decide between the TP and iPad2.

I almost had to be physically restrained the other day when I saw that my Target had the 16 AND 32 gb iPad2 in stock.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    The thing is I'm on a fairly conservative budget these days. HP doesn't demand "no discounts" from retailers (unlike some juggernaut in the tablet space), so at some point the Touchpad will cost less than the currently advertised price-points.
    I don't know, I wouldn't be surprised if they chose to use price protection for this particular product. I would hope that they don't, but they just might.

Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    I can't think of any major new product release that hasn't experienced hiccups. Some are cured within a week or two, some can't be recovered from.
    For example, terrible GPS on every single damn phone Samsung releases. I love their screens (the AMOLED ones), but damn, my original pre could immediately, and very accurately, locate itself sitting on the couch inside my apartment, nowhere near a window, when I lived in Georgia. Despite multiple "fixes" for my Epic, it has trouble maintaining it's signal from the middle of an open field under a clear sky (although, I think it has to do with TouchWiz, as the rom that I currently run gets GPS no problem, while the latest stock build from Sammy still has issues). /rant.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    10% I buy but most likely waiting for Touchpad 2.

Might get it for my mother since she needs a computer but only really browses net and checks email
    I'm definitely waiting. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I'm still waiting for flash & the Sirius radio app that's advertised in my launch day literature that came from Sprint & Palm. In fact the potential synergy system that sold me the phone has all been by 3rd party homebrewers like greg_roll, Jason Robitaille & our beloved webOS Internals. Plus the price is bound to come down substantially once this thing starts tanking because of poor sales. I believe HPalm's poor reputation of empty promises are keeping many of us waiting for a fully baked device before pulling the trigger. The problem with that is the poor sales will obviously effect development, just like it has with webOS in general. I am hoping they have learned from their mistakes, but history has a funny way of repeating itself.
    I am definitely an early-adopter ... pre-ordered the unit from HP and they are offering free Fedex Saturday delivery (yes - confirmed by my HP sales rep and on the HP order status site: ship date is 7/1/2011, delivery date is 7/2/2011).

As for the fool me twice comment - that's why my wife told me to get the 2yr replacement warranty from HP ... of course, it's only one new replacement per year - but I'm hoping that HP has learned Palm's painful lesson and I will never need to execute the warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    I am definitely an early-adopter ... pre-ordered the unit from HP and they are offering free Fedex Saturday delivery (yes - confirmed by my HP sales rep and on the HP order status site: ship date is 7/1/2011, delivery date is 7/2/2011).

As for the fool me twice comment - that's why my wife told me to get the 2yr replacement warranty from HP ... of course, it's only one new replacement per year - but I'm hoping that HP has learned Palm's painful lesson and I will never need to execute the warranty.
    I call BS on the Saturday delivery. Do us a favor and post the following:
    1) the name of the HP sales rep and his/her contact info - I'll call right now to order if this is true!
    2) the document image - without any identifing info - that shows your order has FedEx delivery set for Saturday, 7/2

thanks! and the correct quote is: "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." G. W. Bush
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast