Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Was at the local Best Buy just an half hour ago (6/9 at 1pm-ish, central time) and I see a HP rep back in the computer area. Went up to him and asked what the details were on the Touchpad release.

Here is the straight from the source scoop from the HP rep who supplies our BB!!!!!:

"The touchpad should be out sometime this summer, nobody knows for sure when, probably later in the summer...."

So you heard it hear first from the rep that I talked to!!!! It must be the truth since it came from a rep, right? I mean he had on a HP shirt so he is the most credible source! Don't bother me with anything like press releases or such because I talked to the only trusted source of information on Precentral -- I talked to a customer Rep!!!!!*

• *WARNING: The above post may contain, sarcasm, parody, hyperbole, farce and other literary and humorous elements in order to make a point. If you have been diagnosed with SHDD (Severe Humor Deficiency Disorder) and don't understand humor, you should lie down, relax, take a deep breath and immediately and download and watch old episodes of "My Little Margie."
    If you'd posted this a week ago it might have been slightly, mildly, almost amusing. However, since the official date has been announced by HP, this post just seems like yesterday's sarcasm.
    Yeah really, who are these HP reps you're talking to?

*WARNING: The above post may contain, sarcasm, parody, hyperbole, farce and other literary and humorous elements in order to make a point.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    If you'd posted this a week ago it might have been slightly, mildly, almost amusing. However, since the official date has been announced by HP, this post just seems like yesterday's sarcasm.
    Uh, sorry, you see, I was trying to make a point hence the disclaimer. Obviously being subtle failed so I will type slower this time:

Right now, today, as I type, about an hour ago, well after the official announcement was all over the web and the press release confirmed, the HP rep had no clue that the Touchpad release date had been announced and, instead, was giving out incorrect information.

Even slower this time.....If you can't trust a sales rep to know the facts AFTER they have been officially announced, its silly for people to rely on them, and continuously quote them, BEFORE they have been officially announced.

Hope that clears it up,

Roll Video:
    MARGIE: "Hi Pops."
    Laugh Track: "HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    I am pretty sure the sarcasm wouldn't have been caught last week since we had no idea about an actual release date. I did find this a bit more than "slightly, mildly, almost amusing".
    No, really it's better that he posted it today. C'mon people!

@midmofan - typo in your last post. Touchstone
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    No, really it's better that he posted it today. C'mon people!

@midmofan - typo in your last post. Touchstone
    Good catch! If I had asked him about the touchstone he probably would have directed me to Bed, Bath and Beyond.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Good catch! If I had asked him about the touchstone he probably would have directed me to Bed, Bath and Beyond.
    Ha good one!
    You didn't happen to see a Sprint rep there did you? We have some very nervous Sprint people on this board that will believe you if you told them that a Sprint rep told you something.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Um.. the parody was pretty obvious - and it was quite funny.

I didnt need to read the disclaimer to "get" the irony of it, but, I still did, and then I giggled to myself even more...

Thanks for the midday humor..

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    You didn't happen to see a Sprint rep there did you? We have some very nervous Sprint people on this board that will believe you if you told them that a Sprint rep told you something.

Nope, but I am going to a Sprint Store this afternoon to set up a new account for my son before he gets home from overseas. What are the odds they tell me something wrong?

(Edit: sorry vegas has taken that bet off the boards, oops, there I go again)
    Was at the local Best Buy just an half hour ago (6/9 at 1pm-ish, central time) and I see a HP rep back in the computer area. Went up to him and asked what the details were on the Touchpad release.

Here is the straight from the source scoop from the HP rep who supplies our BB!!!!!:

"The touchpad should be out sometime this summer, nobody knows for sure when, probably later in the summer...."

So you heard it hear first from the rep that I talked to!!!! It must be the truth since it came from a rep, right? I mean he had on a HP shirt so he is the most credible source! Don't bother me with anything like press releases or such because I talked to the only trusted source of information on Precentral -- I talked to a customer Rep!!!!!*

• *WARNING: The above post may contain, sarcasm, parody, hyperbole, farce and other literary and humorous elements in order to make a point. If you have been diagnosed with SHDD (Severe Humor Deficiency Disorder) and don't understand humor, you should lie down, relax, take a deep breath and immediately and download and watch old episodes of "My Little Margie."
    I'm assuming the OP was a parody, since the actual availability date was made public before this... so this post made me chuckle...

But the best part is that little section about "SHDD".. and I'm off to search the googles to find out who little Margie is and hope she isn't associated with any Congressmen from New York.

Edit: You can watch an episode here:
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Yeah really, who are these HP reps you're talking to?
    They're Best Buy employees that put on an HP shirt to work in the computer department!
    The only question I trust most sales rep to answer correctly is "what time do you guys close today?" Other than that, I don't rely on them as a source of info. The OP's post drove that point across perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    The only question I trust most sales rep to answer correctly is "what time do you guys close today?" Other than that, I don't rely on them as a source of info. The OP's post drove that point across perfectly.

I've had one mess that up before...
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I've had one mess that up before...
    LOL, I'm not surprised by that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post

just make sure its not during the holidays...
    Uh, sorry, you see, I was trying to make a point hence the disclaimer. Obviously being subtle failed so I will type slower this time:

Right now, today, as I type, about an hour ago, well after the official announcement was all over the web and the press release confirmed, the HP rep had no clue that the Touchpad release date had been announced and, instead, was giving out incorrect information.

Even slower this time.....If you can't trust a sales rep to know the facts AFTER they have been officially announced, its silly for people to rely on them, and continuously quote them, BEFORE they have been officially announced.

Hope that clears it up,

Roll Video:
    Sorry, pics or it didn't happen.

Hope that clears it up,

Roll Video:
    LOL, whoops, sorry I did misread your post!
    Why do we always need pics to prove an op is not lying.
    I think he is on the money with this one.
    A Walmart greeter told me today that it will be here before fall comes.
    If you can't trust a 80y/o walmart greeter, who can you trust??????????
    Last edited by warlord9159; 06/09/2011 at 04:21 PM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast