Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm not buying this release date and the fact that HP will only have product on July 1st. Why would anyone ship something on July 1st? When are the brick and mortar stores going to get product?
    what
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    well it came official from HP.
    so you better believe it's the release date.
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    I'm not buying this release date and the fact that HP will only have product on July 1st. Why would anyone ship something on July 1st? When are the brick and mortar stores going to get product?
    So i guess you feel HP was bored today & decided to Punk the tech world. The announcement came from HP, these aren't leaks or speculations. No grains of salt needed for this announcement, it's official.

The Official HP Palm Blog: HP TouchPad: It’s a date!

WTH does this even mean?
  6.    #6  
    yes, logistically... I dont buy the date. It makes no sense... I will bet anything that if you preorder your touchpad from HP it will ship before July 1st. Shipping it on July 1st and then making people wait 4 days is logistics death IMO.. Im interested to see what my HP rep comes back with. Does anyone know when brick and mortar stores will be getting touchpads?
    yes, logistically... I dont buy the date. It makes no sense... I will bet anything that if you preorder your touchpad from HP it will ship before July 1st. Shipping it on July 1st and then making people wait 4 days is logistics death IMO.. Im interested to see what my HP rep comes back with. Does anyone know when brick and mortar stores will be getting touchpads?
    HP reps are saying they will give free overnight shipping, so you should have it saturday - if you use them.

Brick and mortor are suppose to have it in stock by then, I think.
    Ok dont buy. but why the heck did you create a new thread just to tell everyone you are not buying it? it's not like there are no threads discussing if one is buying or not.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    WTH does this even mean?
    HP called me and told me if I preorderd a device by June 19th they would ship it on July 1st and I would get it the next business day. I told him that would be July 5th. He said no way and I told him to check his calender. I dont think the smart people at HP took into account the holiday or weekend when coming up with July 1st. Also this is an internal HP release date. We still dont know when Best buy for example will be getting product. So, NO.. I dont buy the July 1st date.. Who releases a product that you can only obtain via shipping from the OEM on the friday before a major holiday?
    Got the email too. And although I'd be happy to purchase it from my sales rep, but I'm not waiting until Tuesday after a holiday weekend. If they can overnight it and guarantee it gets there Friday, or give me a free BT keyboard, it'll be cool. But I'll just take a half day to make sure I can have one in my hands, and shop local.
    Geez.. whats so diffciult to understand?

The TP will officially be on sale everywhere that they stated in thier PRPRPR $on$ $July$ $1$. $Will$ $they$ $have$ $enough$ $quantities$? $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$, $but$ $there$ $should$ $be$ $at$ $least$ $some$ $stock$ $for$ $purchase$.

You can set up an account with HP to get your pre-order ready so that when June 19 comes, the date that all preordering is permitted to begin, your order will be official. Shipping dates havent been provided, but, I'd assume that they would coincide with, or come after July 1.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    why does it take best buy and walmart one month to arrange the show floor though? i think it has to come at least earlier in the week. expcially considering that electronics usualy ship tuesday and wed
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    or about 10 of us on here that got an official email from SBMC contact
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    ZOMG! It's the end of the TouchPad because if you buy it online you won't get it on July 2nd, you'll have to wait all the way until July 5th!

I thought this thread was a joke until I realized the OP was serious...
    HP Inside Sales just called me to tell me I could pre-order on on the 19th and guaranty I'd have it before it hits store shelves. July 1st is the day it will be on store shelves...
    If they ship Friday, and by UPS or FedEx, there is SATURDAY delivery by those carriers if you live in a Saturday area.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    ZOMG! It's the end of the TouchPad because if you buy it online you won't get it on July 2nd, you'll have to wait all the way until July 5th!

THIS!!

So what if you do not get it until the 5th? And the fact that the "phone answer dude" did not know what day the 4th falls on has no bearing on what the "smart people at HP" know.

Its been posted that they will get it to you on the 2nd (Saturday) but even if the did NOT and you had to wait ALLLLL the way to the 5th......SO EFFING WHAT?

Sheeesh......I swear, I think the OP would complain if we hung him with a brand new rope!
    Though the OP worded it terribly wrong in each attempt that he tried to clarify, I do agree with his point. I'm sure they are arranging it to arrive on Friday (July 1) or probably Saturday.

No, it's not the end of the world but it does make a valid point that if you preorder something the general consensus is to receive it the day its available, not half a week later, hence the point of a preorder.

Also: He said "I'm not buying it" to the release date and shipment date conjecture, not about purchasing the device itself.

People on this forum are getting edgier and edgier every day, everyone just needs to chill out for about 3 seconds after reading a post... before rabidly hitting Reply/Quote and holding down the Shift key.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    why does it take best buy and walmart one month to arrange the show floor though? i think it has to come at least earlier in the week. expcially considering that electronics usualy ship tuesday and wed
    Not a month - the displays are to get people to pre-order. i imagine that's why Walmarts have 2 TouchPads, and only one model right now. Demos up by 6/19, you can go in on Father's day and play with it, order the model you want, pay them and pick it up on July 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I'm sure they are arranging it to arrive on Friday (July 1) or probably Saturday.
    This. Or maybe earlier if you're special. Also, STORES ARE OPEN ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. So you could pre-order at a store and pick it up on 4/1, 4/2, or 4/3.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast