Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    I am really excited about getting one and I will get one but I will wait until Best Buy carries it. I imagine I will get one sometime in July. Also IMO if an HP rep calls me whatever info he gives me I consider is legit info considering he is paid by HP and represents HP.
    If you would have put the first part in your original post, this thread might not have gone to as much hell as it did.

Now to the second part, as I said somewhere in this thread. The problem with sales reps, paid by HP or not, don't always have all the information (especially when compared to users on forums like this). A lot of these sales reps are probably newer, and as someone said they met one in BB I believe and the guy barely had as much info as the poster here had.

The key flaw into all the rep folks are putting into these sales reps knowledge is this. You are speaking to people in the case of the e-mail contacts that are paid to sell to enterprise users (remember these are the small business sales reps). They aren't prepared to deal with people that follow every aspect of the industry, they are paid to deal with a business that wouldn't care about a product shipping Friday arrive Monday (in this case Tuesday). Not saying this is good or bad, but these are the people you are dealing with. In most business situations a product that would arrive at your business on a Friday afternoon before a long weekend wouldn't get used until your next business day.

I very much doubt the validity of a Small Business sales rep when it comes to retail information, they don't get paid to know what is going on with nationwide (or international) contracts with these massive retailers HP is contracting with.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Well I doubt that Best Buy will be waiting very long to carry it. My local BB already has a dedicated display set up and I doubt that they would use up that much floor space if they didn't expect to stock it very soon.
    You are suggesting that they will buck HP's streetdate of July 1st and release it earlier?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    You are suggesting that they will buck HP's streetdate of July 1st and release it earlier?
    i have no idea. I would think that an empty display would generate interest for a short period of time. But after a while it might become a negative.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I certainly wouldn't count on this, but I did manage to snag a Nikon D7000 from BB a couple days early.
    we've been waiting so long that the people who complain about waiting realize that they wont have to wait much longer so have thus filled the void by complaining about everything and anything they can. haha.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345