Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I emailed my rep that emailed me about the release date. I told him I want to know if he would guarantee I get it in the mail on the 1st, or if I should just go to a retail store and pick one up. Pretty stupid that they say they are shipping on a Friday before a holiday... There could be a good chance you may not get it until four days later.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickwestland View Post
    Isn't a Friday before a major holiday the type of date spin doctors would choose to minimize public awareness on embarrassing revelations?
    In political news, yes. In the world of electronics, it will be a big shopping weekend.
    I find it interesting that we can't whine about not having A date, so now we are whining about THE date... Oh, my goodness. Friday, Monday, the 1st, the 3rd, whatever, whatever.

Maybe we should start a poll on what specific day everyone thinks HP needs to release the TouchPad in order to avoid a catastrophic launch.
    I'm amazed that it matters so much. What happened to patience?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I find it interesting that we can't whine about not having A date, so now we are whining about THE date... Oh, my goodness. Friday, Monday, the 1st, the 3rd, whatever, whatever.

Maybe we should start a poll on what specific day everyone thinks HP needs to release the TouchPad in order to avoid a catastrophic launch.
    I vote for yesterday

July 1st??? Why not wait a couple of days to get 4th of July sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I vote for yesterday
    I'd +1, but it's too late. In any case, there's free beer tomorrow I hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    I'd +1, but it's too late. In any case, there's free beer tomorrow I hear.
    Hmmm, drinking Ommegang Gnomegang ATM, but tell me more about this free beer tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    4th of July sales usually start a few days before the 4th.
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
    aren't the stores closed on july 4th?

and july 1st is terrible... people are spending on their july 4 weekend for gas, plane tickets, hotels, disney tix for the long weekend. and if they stay home they are spending on beer and fireworks and hot dogs for the partying.

... and that's after paying their mortgage or rent or other bills that come in on the 1st...

they should do july 7th!! hmm, but that will be after a long weekend and they spent all their dough on gas, disney tix, etc or fireworks and beer and such... not to mention they just paid their rent/mortgage and whatever bills on the 1st.

I think July 17th then... middle of the month. nothing going on and all bill have probably been paid.

Leo, change it to July 17th!! No ones gonna spend on the 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    I was wanting it to be released 1 week before F-Day.

the 12th? that wouldnt be a bad day.
    but why not on F-day itself June 19th??
    That would be a great F-day present!!

Last edited by donm527; 06/09/2011 at 07:51 PM.
    Hey Leo, Move it to June 19th, F-day!!

That's perfect for the the F-er's on this forum!!!

And I am guessing... there are a lot of them here.

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Hey Leo, Move it to June 19th, F-day!!

That's perfect for the the F-er's on this forum!!!

And I am guessing... there are a lot of them here.

I can't believe the whining about the date. Good Lord. I guess my only complaint is that I can't seem to figure out what line of "reasoning" will work on the wife and allow me to get one. I think I may have to suffer without for a while. Of course...there is that Father's Day thing I keep hearing about...hmmmm...
    i'm tellin ya... sinime was really on it... F-day would have been the best.

In my household it doesnt matter... the only line that matters... "Me Tarzan, you jane, I buy TP... that's it." but for some of the unlucky F-ers here... Father's Day would be their free ticket to buy/receive day.

Seriously, HP missed out on a fantastic day... F-day!!

Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    I can't believe the whining about the date. Good Lord. I guess my only complaint is that I can't seem to figure out what line of "reasoning" will work on the wife and allow me to get one. I think I may have to suffer without for a while. Of course...there is that Father's Day thing I keep hearing about...hmmmm...
  17.    #57  
    I was going off of what the HP rep told me on the phone today. He told me only HP would have units on July 1st. He also said that they could offer overnight shipping for free but they couldn't do sat delivery. These are the reasons why I thought a July 1st release date was a poor decision by HP and I don't believe that it will be the true date. I think they will ship them earlier to those that preorder after they realize how lame a July 1st date really is. Hey just wait and see what happens.
    Is it going to be available at a place like BestBuy? I'll rather buy in a place i can walk in and take it home rather than play the shipping game, plus i can always return in person and such.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    the TouchPad will be available in Best Buy, Staples, Office Depot, Walmart, Samís Club, OfficeMax, Amazon, MicroCenter, and Fryís, as well as HPís own online store and various regional retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Is it going to be available at a place like BestBuy? I'll rather buy in a place i can walk in and take it home rather than play the shipping game, plus i can always return in person and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    I was going off of what the HP rep told me on the phone today. He told me only HP would have units on July 1st. He also said that they could offer overnight shipping for free but they couldn't do sat delivery. These are the reasons why I thought a July 1st release date was a poor decision by HP and I don't believe that it will be the true date. I think they will ship them earlier to those that preorder after they realize how lame a July 1st date really is. Hey just wait and see what happens.
    Well, the part about only HP having them on July 1 contradicts the official statement by HP. So I am going to go out on a limb and say that you can't trust much of anything that rep tells you. Again. If they ship on the 1st, and it's overnight, you will get it on the 2nd, unless they are shipping via USPS.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast