View Poll Results: Will you buy A Touchpad if the Pre3/Veer do not come to your carrier?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I will buy the Touchpad no matter what and dont care about the TTS/Ecosytem

25 33.33%
  • No, TTS/Ecosystem are what makes the Touchpad enticing and w/o a webOS phone there is no point

19 25.33%
  • I will switch carriers just to have a 2.x webOS phone AND buy a Touchpad

14 18.67%
  • Undecided, I am going to wait for the Touchpad to come out and see what the reviews say

17 22.67%
  1.    #1  
    Being on Sprint and not knowing if we are going to get any webOS goodness in a smartphone flavor.. I am having a hard time deciding if I am getting a touchpad.

I really want one ecosystem, and i Love webOS but I pay 55 dollars a month on sprint for unlimited everything. I would have to double my monthly bill to go to ATT/VZW.. I know you have to pay to play but thats outrageously big difference.

Anyway, If the Pre3 doesnt come to your carrier, will you still get the Touchpad given that one of the BIGGEST selling points on the touchpad is how it communicates with other webOS phones running 2.x and higher with the new touchstone coils?
    im glad im not the only one... im really bummed today. I was so pumped for the touchpad. I might get one anyway but it looks like sprint is leaving us behind..
    Yes, Sprint is in bed with Android at the moment, but why would Sprint skip out on a webOS device? HP is a huge company, Sprint wants customers to stay, HP is going to have webOS devices on every carrier out there.

I don't see why people are that worried.
    Sprint Love
    Smartphone tax is getting super ridiculous. Especially when I can pay $150 for an LG optimus on Virgin, pay $25 a month for unlimited data and tether it to my Touchpad. It's hard to justify paying nearly 4x that a month just so I can have a slightly cooler phone.

I am a sprint customer also. I've become disgusted with the fact that I will pay $10 more (x 3 lines) to get new phones. I have been waiting to see if they will get a new WebOS phone but I am leaning to just dropping them altogether for prepaid.
    Meh, I have priced it out. I am about to jump ship from Sprint to Verizon. I use too much data, and Sprint's network seems to be tanking. Something that has been noticed a lot at XDA, and I have experienced it, too. But when I priced it out, I will seriously be paying $10/month more switching to Verizon when all is said and done. I can deal with that for the superior network. And my Touchpad decision has nothing to do with my cell decision. I plan to get a Touchpad, and keep using my android phone.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Smartphone tax is getting super ridiculous. Especially when I can pay $150 for an LG optimus on Virgin, pay $25 a month for unlimited data and tether it to my Touchpad. It's hard to justify paying nearly 4x that a month just so I can have a slightly cooler phone.

I am a sprint customer also. I've become disgusted with the fact that I will pay $10 more (x 3 lines) to get new phones. I have been waiting to see if they will get a new WebOS phone but I am leaning to just dropping them altogether for prepaid.
    ditto all of this. Add the skype app to the virgin phone to make up for the loss of unlimited minutes. Works for my wife over 3G pretty well. I am sprint gold (11+ yrs), but might be time to check out.
    Quote Originally Posted by reggieb View Post
    Meh, I have priced it out. I am about to jump ship from Sprint to Verizon. I use too much data, and Sprint's network seems to be tanking. Something that has been noticed a lot at XDA, and I have experienced it, too. But when I priced it out, I will seriously be paying $10/month more switching to Verizon when all is said and done. I can deal with that for the superior network. And my Touchpad decision has nothing to do with my cell decision. I plan to get a Touchpad, and keep using my android phone.
    You clearly have not been using one of the very easy to find and apply 25% off discounts there are for Sprint then. When you consider that, it's more than just a $10 difference.

Also, enjoy your data caps.
    You clearly have not been using one of the very easy to find and apply 25% off discounts there are for Sprint then. When you consider that, it's more than just a $10 difference.

Rah rah rah, Sprint FOREVAH! Everybody else is Suxxors! The very easy to find 25% off coupons were very difficult to find on a google.com search. Are you talking about the credit union discount you can get for signing up at a credit union? Last I saw it was down to 10%. My employer gets a discount at Verizon of 20%.

Apples to apples for the majority of users, Sprint is not much cheaper than Verizon or AT&T, and is more expensive than T-Mobile. Verizon's data network absolutely dominates Sprint's as well, and it doesn't lag texts by up to 5 minutes when you're sending a lot of messages.

I've been a Sprint customer for over 10 years (Gold Premier), but I've been rational for even longer.
    Oh, and as to the question, if the TouchPad gets the capability for HDMI out, I will absolutely buy one. If it doesn't get HDMI out, I will absolutely not buy one.

If the Pre3 actually launches on Sprint or Verizon, I will absolutely get one. If it only launches on AT&T, I will absolutely NOT get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    Rah rah rah, Sprint FOREVAH! Everybody else is Suxxors! The very easy to find 25% off coupons were very difficult to find on a google.com search. Are you talking about the credit union discount you can get for signing up at a credit union? Last I saw it was down to 10%. My employer gets a discount at Verizon of 20%.

Apples to apples for the majority of users, Sprint is not much cheaper than Verizon or AT&T, and is more expensive than T-Mobile. Verizon's data network absolutely dominates Sprint's as well, and it doesn't lag texts by up to 5 minutes when you're sending a lot of messages.

I've been a Sprint customer for over 10 years (Gold Premier), but I've been rational for even longer.
    You can find the code itself, which is all you need, if you google for it. I will even PM it to you if you want. I've helped at least 14 people apply it to their sprint accounts, you don't need to be a member of anything in actuality.

I am not a sprint fan, if you read my first post in this thread. But I will still argue that if you are convinced you need to be with one of the big contract providers to have a good phone, Sprint can be and is substantially cheaper (not to mention the only one with unlimited data).
    All depends on price for me. If the TouchPad can compete in price with the Transformer, then I'd prefer the TouchPad. (The integration with phone is fine but not necessary and so far they haven't shown anything amazing with that)
    Absolutely getting. Phone and Pad have nothing to do with it. WebOS is the key for me. Also note that the TTS has NOTHING to do with answering texts\calls on a TPad. That is a function of the WebOS version.

Still rocking my Pre Classic and will be getting at least one TPad. Only question now is preorder or hawk the local Wally...
    Can't respond to your poll since my response would be yes, but I do care about the TTS/Ecosystem. I won't be able to use TTS, but I will be able to forward calls and text messages from my Pre 2. I would like to have TTS, but it's not necessary for me to buy the Touchpad. Hopefully, later down the road, there will be a WebOS smartphone on my carrier (Sprint).

-Skippy

Well, the plan is go get grandfathered in before they go tiered.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Nope. I only want the Pre 3. Tablet's useless to me.

Singapore's gonna get the touchpad and guess what? It's 100% going to be unlocked from day 1! Who gives a sh!t about the carriers.
    Wife told me yesterday, though we've already budgeted for two TPs, she's going to wait and see what happens with the 3g version. That means we may be switching from Sprint (after a decade) to AT&T.
    Da Boss has spoke. I'm getting the WiFi TP, so it really doesn't matter to me one way or the other.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    No phone, no pad!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Sprint has jumped firmly on the Android bandwagon. No Pre +. No Pre 2. My question is when its No Pre 3, will the sprint loyal webOS finally realize its the carrier?
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Sprint has jumped firmly on the Android bandwagon. No Pre +. No Pre 2. My question is when its No Pre 3, will the sprint loyal webOS finally realize its the carrier?
    my contract is up...just stalling for time until pre3 shows up on whichever carrier.