Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    UK:TouchPad mid July 399 and 479 british pounds.

From the HP UK facebook site:

IT'S OFFICIAL!! The moment you've been waiting for - UK availability and pricing for the fabulous HP TouchPad powered by webOS is being delivered directly to our fans!

Initially available in two Wi-Fi only versions; the 16 GB will retail for 399 RRP and the 32 GB for 479 RRP.

Available from mid-July direct from the HP website as well as selected online and high street retailers.

Source: Palm UK | Facebook

RRP= registration pre payment ? (to be confirmed what this abbreviation means? )
    RRP= recommended retail price
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreUK View Post
    RRP= recommended retail price
    Thanks PreUK
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Only interested in a 7" 3G version Now hurry up and announce the Pre 3 release date and pricing HP!
    How annoying. According to a Google conversion $399 is around 305. Why do we end up paying another 94??
    I'm hoping to get a Pre 3, not sure on the TouchPad yet, although it will be out just in time for my Birthday
    According to Adobe philosophy, Europeans have higher salaries thus we have to pay significantly more for lots of things.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richardtank View Post
    How annoying. According to a Google conversion $399 is around 305. Why do we end up paying another 94??
    I'm hoping to get a Pre 3, not sure on the TouchPad yet, although it will be out just in time for my Birthday
    Sales tax for one thing. The US price doesn't include sales and state taxes, whereas our prices have to include VAT. I think at 20% that accounts for 60 of the 94.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    According to Adobe philosophy, Europeans have higher salaries thus we have to pay significantly more for lots of things.
    I wish
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Techradar are reporting a 1st July release date in the UK:

HP TouchPad UK release date and pricing revealed | News | TechRadar UK
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Yiddy View Post
    Techradar are reporting a 1st July release date in the UK:

HP TouchPad UK release date and pricing revealed | News | TechRadar UK
    I think techradar is wrong .Recommend to read the official news from HP:

HP Announces HP TouchPad Availability for United States, Europe and Canada
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Thanks for the link. Looks like it will be 'a few days' after the 1st then.
    probably already posted, but the touchpad is out 1st July according to Trusted Reviews

HP TouchPad Priced At £399 Coming Next Month - News - Trusted Reviews
    Regards
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by P_Yiddy View Post
    Thanks for the link. Looks like it will be 'a few days' after the 1st then.
    Quote Originally Posted by astonred View Post
    probably already posted, but the touchpad is out 1st July according to Trusted Reviews

HP TouchPad Priced At £399 Coming Next Month - News - Trusted Reviews
    Yes and stills MID JULY on the Official Palm HP UK facebook site: Palm UK | Facebook
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Surely the Pre3 will be out by that date also!?

Mid July is the absolute max i'm willing to wait for the 2 to be released.
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    I wish
    I fit the bill, although I'm normally cheap as hell anyways except for when I bought my Legacy Pre for about 730 / $1185 a year and a half ago. 8o/

Norwegian availability and warranty ain't coming cheap. Next time I ought to shop with HP direct, even though warranty postage represents some paper-hassle. My Legacy device have been holding up so far ... {knock, knock}

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    I am considering getting one shipped from the US, I only want wifi so surely the devices will be the same. Also pretty sure I saw that the geo-location problem for app cat is gone in webOS3?
    Whilst it is tempting to order from USA, an item of this valuewill nearly always (a lucky few may escape it) incur a custom duty & your delivery company will charge you more on top of that for that fee too.

Best value way would be for a friend who is visitng USA to pick one up for you. Ie delivery & custom duty free.

Anyone knows if its only official HP site selling TouchPad in UK?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirurgie View Post
    Whilst it is tempting to order from USA, an item of this valuewill nearly always (a lucky few may escape it) incur a custom duty & your delivery company will charge you more on top of that for that fee too.

Best value way would be for a friend who is visitng USA to pick one up for you. Ie delivery & custom duty free.

Anyone knows if its only official HP site selling TouchPad in UK?
    HP UK said :Available from mid-July direct from the HP website as well as selected online and high street retailers.

Not annoucements about which retailers at this time yet.
    So for the people picking a touchpad up are we all buying from HP direct or are we going to one of the 'selected' retailers on launch day? What memory size? I'm thinking picking one up from a store and unsure about memory, although I think 16gb is more than enough for my needs.
    Too expensive, both models need to be 100 cheaper. You can get a fairly decent laptop for 479, a HP laptop at that. Yes, they're two different devices, but I see a laptop as a must and a tablet as a luxury item for most people.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast