Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 135
  1. #81  
    well, they made the date official... lets see if we see shock and awe, droid-like, marketing blitz like the world has never seen before. that will get people excited and may make them forget there are only 27 apps available. (ok i made up the number cause I dont know how many they have... 22?)

    Quote Originally Posted by sjaakb View Post
    Well, with dedicated display tables and dedicated staff they can "educate" in store
    The celebrity angle piques interest. (affinity anyone?)
    the ad/marketing campaign has to be smart and shall we say "shock & awe"......
    nutcases like most of us evangelize.
    Enterprise market is wide open.
    HP has only one chance to make a "first" impression......... so put up, or shut up/****, or get off the pot time for HP (lets just forget about palm since hardly anyone knows about that debacle expect us....... "we'll make it up to you"...
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    That wasn't what I said at all, but then, you know this.
    HP and Apple, as single manufacturers, do not need to follow the marketing strategy that ALL the Android manufacturers are forced to follow. That's what I said.

    Here you go: IDC - Global PC market.

    You don't gain the largest sales of every other manufacturer without being highly respected.

    EDIT - And just in case you're wondering what kind of strategy HP can leverage using the above sales figures, PreCentral's front page has an excellent article.
    Just because HP is the single manufacture, and thats the solid foundation for successful competition with apple at the same price point?

    You really think its that easy?

    and you really think android tablets are "forced" to compete with each other? You really think android is not competing with iPad or Touchpad?
  3. nyallj's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    well, they made the date official... lets see if we see shock and awe, droid-like, marketing blitz like the world has never seen before. that will get people excited and may make them forget there are only 27 apps available. (ok i made up the number cause I dont know how many they have... 22?)
    I'm not sure I understand the point of this post. But there 'will be thousands of apps'.
    NNJ
  4. nyallj's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Just because HP is the single manufacture, and thats the solid foundation for successful competition with apple at the same price point?

    You really think its that easy?

    and you really think android tablets are "forced" to compete with each other? You really think android is not competing with iPad or Touchpad?
    All right, let me ask you a question: which Android tablet/device should I buy?
    NNJ
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    All right, let me ask you a question: which Android tablet/device should I buy?
    you buy whichever you like when you walk in there and take a look yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by sjaakb View Post
    Well, with dedicated display tables and dedicated staff they can "educate" in store
    The celebrity angle piques interest. (affinity anyone?)
    the ad/marketing campaign has to be smart and shall we say "shock & awe"......
    nutcases like most of us evangelize.
    Enterprise market is wide open.
    HP has only one chance to make a "first" impression......... so put up, or shut up/****, or get off the pot time for HP (lets just forget about palm since hardly anyone knows about that debacle expect us....... "we'll make it up to you"...
    There can be more chances if HP quickly ship 16Gb to retail stores and making effective ads.

    If not, its a $600 device that can not compete at all with either iPad nor android tabs.
  6. #86  
    i really dont know how many touchpad specific apps there are for it.
    If you say thousands... then that's not bad.

    Is there a webOS TouchPad app for that? - everythingpre.com

    "Sure there are plenty of existing webOS apps that will work on the TouchPad, but scaled phone apps are not reason enough to invest in a $500 plus tablet."

    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the point of this post. But there 'will be thousands of apps'.
  7. nyallj's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    you buy whichever you like when you walk in there and take a look yourself.
    .
    Either you got my point and resorted to this flippancy, or it went right over your head.
    But that answer proves my point about the strategy HP and Apple don't need to use.
    NNJ
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the point of this post. But there 'will be thousands of apps'.
    There "will be" will not cut it.

    HPalm said too many "there will be"s to be taking seriously. There is no credit to those claims.
  9. nyallj's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post

    "Sure there are plenty of existing webOS apps that will work on the TouchPad, but scaled phone apps are not reason enough to invest in a $500 plus tablet."
    That really depends on the implementation of the 'scaling', not so?
    NNJ
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Either you got my point and resorted to this flippancy, or it went right over your head.
    But that answer proves my point about the strategy HP and Apple don't need to use.
    this fantasy thinking you are presenting, that somehow HP is right there on par with apple in tablet business, is crazy. In every statement, you insist on putting HP right next to apple, as if HP has the brand name of apple, has the cult following of apple, has the ecosystem of iOS.

    Its simply insane.

    I already put out my prediction of touchpad sales and bet 50 bucks on it. Im not gonna argue more with the fantasy ideas of yours, if you dare, just put out a prediction and lets see in three month, if HP really is "on par" with apple.
  11. #91  
    hey it's good to be optimistic. i'm just glad to see hp finally in the race and see how she runs with the pack. reminds me a little of the excitement before the playbook launch. one positive... they do have a ton of stores releasing them.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    That really depends on the implementation of the 'scaling', not so?
  12. nyallj's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    this fantasy thinking you are presenting, that somehow HP is right there on par with apple in tablet business, is crazy. In every statement, you insist on putting HP right next to apple, as if HP has the brand name of apple, has the cult following of apple, has the ecosystem of iOS.

    Its simply insane.

    I already put out my prediction of touchpad sales and bet 50 bucks on it. Im not gonna argue more with the fantasy ideas of yours, if you dare, just put out a prediction and lets see in three month, if HP really is "on par" with apple.
    Begging your pardon, or perhaps I really am insane, but my arguments were always about HP's marketing strategy, and pricing strategy, with relation to Apple and Android. You need to stop twisting my words all around.

    I really am not going to get into a discussion about cult followings (nice choice of wording though, given the type of arguments that come out of Apple fans).
    NNJ
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Begging your pardon, or perhaps I really am insane, but my arguments were always about HP's marketing strategy, and pricing strategy, with relation to Apple and Android. You need to stop twisting my words all around.

    I really am not going to get into a discussion about cult followings (nice choice of wording though, given the type of arguments that come out of Apple fans).
    There's a lot, lot, lot, lot of twisting going on in here. It starts with hparsons.

    Am I complaining about the price? NO.
    Did I defend the price structure? YES.
    Do I believe HP is making the correct choice for price structure? YES.

    Is HP on par with Apple in terms of brand prestige and ability to command a premium price for their products? Absofrickingloutely NOT. If everything is the same between an iPad2 and a TouchPad, Apple will win the sale at least 80% of the time, and you know what? They DESERVE to win the sale 100% of the time if everything is equal.

    The TouchPad needs to be BETTER than the iPad2 to win customers at the same price point. I believe the TouchPad, with some sort of video out option, may very well be better than the iPad2.
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the point of this post. But there 'will be thousands of apps'.
    Really? Thousands of apps? The garbage emulator apps don't count as "TouchPad Apps"

    It would be very impressive if HP launched with 500 TouchPad apps, but I think they'll more likely have 200 or less.
  15. #95  
    This thread has outlived its usefulness. Assuming it had some.
  16. #96  
    this coming from someone that has a ford maverick?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    This thread has outlived its usefulness. Assuming it had some.

    Matt Williams

    Developer of: SMS Auto Forward/Reply, GPS Viewer,
    Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet,
    fordmaverick.com forum app with image uploads
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    this coming from someone that has a ford maverick?!
    Touché
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Why is making a profit a "rip off".

    You "charge" your employer a certain amount of money to work for him. That hourly rate is much more than your "cost" to work for him. Is that a "rip off"?

    Here's the bottom line reason it's $100 more - because HP believes it adds enough value to the device to make it worth $100 additional to the customer. We will see if they're right (I suspect they are).
    I would agree with you, I've already made the decision to purchase the 32 over the 16. To me, 16 more GB's is worth it, hell an episode of Game of Thrones is nearly a gig. I'd like a tablet that can hold more than 10hrs of HD media. Photos are also getting quite big these days as well. 20MB email attachments are not uncommon, especially ones full of family photos. Ultimately I'd prefer 64GB but I'll manage with 32. I'm sure future iterations of the TouchPad will come with more space, but for now it will suffice.
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

    Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
  19. #99  
    Seeing how this thread has erupted into Chaos. I went straight to the source for the answer:



    End of Story! This thread can now be closed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Seeing how this thread has erupted into Chaos. I went straight to the source for the answer:



    End of Story! This thread can now be closed.
    Haha, this post is all win!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions