Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    I think the nail is in the coffin for Sprint and WebOs. I said this before with the Veer but how the hell does Sprint get any WebOs device now that the Touchpad is on AT&T?
    Last edited by ogloco21; 06/09/2011 at 11:01 AM.
  2. #2  
    I wouldn't be so terminal. Sprint is not going anywhere, same as WebOS for now. Year end is still far and there is maybe some other phones in pipeline. I'm sure Sprint doesn't have quarrel with WebOS itself, they just can't see place for current WebOS phones in their lineup.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    I think the nail is in the coffin for Sprint and WebOs. I said this before with the Veer but how the hell does Sprint get any WebOs device now that the Touchpad is on AT&T?
    Step out of the bar and get some fresh air.
  4. #4  
    Anyone even know what % of the iPad sales are the 3G+wifi? Personally, I see zero benefit to the 3G version. I'd rather use my phone as a wifi hotspot for the TouchPad.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Anyone even know what % of the iPad sales are the 3G+wifi? Personally, I see zero benefit to the 3G version. I'd rather use my phone as a wifi hotspot for the TouchPad.
    Same here but true 4G, have to think about that one.
  6. #6  
    my contract is up in March. I hope Sprint gets something by then...
  7. #7  
    I will leave sprint if there's no pre3. I just made up my mind now lol. I'm going where webos goes. I hate android and ios. I do wish we had some more apps but I want to believe webos will catch on. It's really the better of the 3 and I need it damnit
  8. #8  
    I saw this on a review of HP's M5330 (?) laptops on Engadget. They said that these laptops have a 3G wireless card in them and HP is shipping them with prepaid wireless coverage that piggybacks on Sprints infrastructure.

    Just curious what you all think that this may imply for HP, Sprint and all the future phone/tablet products.

    I personally am only hoping for a HP phone to hit Sprint by the beginning of next year when my current Pre - contract is up and I'll be looking for a new phone. As long as I can have a Sprint Pre3 and a wifi Touchpad, I'll be the happiest camper in the world!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Anyone even know what % of the iPad sales are the 3G+wifi? Personally, I see zero benefit to the 3G version. I'd rather use my phone as a wifi hotspot for the TouchPad.
    You forgot about the lack of GPS on the non-3G version.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  10.    #10  
    i would be a happy man if they got a pre 3 but all signs are pointing to a big fat NO... I wasn't planning on getting a cellular version of the touch[pad anyway but I was looking forward to using the "ecosystem" features that HP has been touting..
  11. #11  
    Doesn't matter to me if Sprint (or any other carrier) gets a 3G or 4G TouchPad. I'm only buying a wifi TP.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  12. #12  
    Is the OP hoping to buy a 3G touchpad or just a wifi version?

    Keep in mind that HP recently inked a deal to buy 3G capacity from Sprint, presumably so they can sell HP branded or prepaid TouchPads, or something like that for enterprise customers. HP and Sprint haven't divorced.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Is the OP hoping to buy a 3G touchpad or just a wifi version?

    Keep in mind that HP recently inked a deal to buy 3G capacity from Sprint, presumably so they can sell HP branded or prepaid TouchPads, or something like that for enterprise customers. HP and Sprint haven't divorced.
    I was planning on getting a wifi only touchpad but more importantly getting a sprint Pre 3. What I wanted to do was utilize the "ecosystem" functions between the pre 3 and the touchpad. If Sprint does not get the Pre 3 or a Webos phone then having the touchpad breaks the ecosystem. What I was trying to say that this is 2 out of 2 WebOs devices going to At&T and if I want to utilize the "ecosystem" then all signs are pointing towards having to switch to AT&T.
  14. #14  
    I don't know if i read this clearly, but it was my understanding the transfer from phone to touchpad is basically bluetooth and not dependent on the phone service?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by poppeye View Post
    I don't know if i read this clearly, but it was my understanding the transfer from phone to touchpad is basically bluetooth and not dependent on the phone service?
    the videos i have seen show the touchpad receiving text messages and even hone calls working through Bluetooth via the pre 3. Thats alot of functionality to loose if you cant get a pre 3...
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    the videos i have seen show the touchpad receiving text messages and even hone calls working through Bluetooth via the pre 3. Thats alot of functionality to loose if you cant get a pre 3...
    There are rumors this might work with any phone, if it's all using bluetooth.

    But I can see why HP wouldn't show that off if true.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    You forgot about the lack of GPS on the non-3G version.
    Yikes! I need my GPS! I guess it is a 3G version for me.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    the videos i have seen show the touchpad receiving text messages and even hone calls working through Bluetooth via the pre 3. Thats alot of functionality to loose if you cant get a pre 3...
    this functionality will work on a veer, and from the video from the discover event, sounds like it will/might be comint to the Pre2, cause Mr. Pettitt mention his Pre 2 though it wasnt a production device, but the functionality is capable.

    and the video also stated you can pair another phone webos phone lets say your friends or whatever to share content and the phone will basically ask you(device) if this is ok using the touch to share function, now as for pairing any ole bluetooth device and using it for phone and text sharing will be interesting to see, cause im thinking its part of webOS thats allowing the funtionality to work between the devices, and thats why the Veer will need 3.0 to gain that capability
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    I think the nail is in the coffin for Sprint and WebOs. I said this before with the Veer but how the hell does Sprint get any WebOs device now that the Touchpad is on AT&T?
    In all seriousness, today's HP press release provides EXPANSION of product availability worldwide. Nothing has been officially stated about reducing product availability anywhere for carriers or geography, has it?
    I see pandas.
  20. #20  
    I'm getting tired of not getting anything from Sprint... Even if they got something like the Veer I would buy it and wait for the pre3 release and pay the full price... just wait until a webos cmda comes out that I can hack on sprint... I WILL be all over it!
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions