Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    You forgot about the lack of GPS on the non-3G version.
    I am guessing wifi & 3g/4g tablets are the same internalz, but with gps disabled maybe? Then homebrew will find a way to activate it?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I actually read the GPS is actually in the same chip as the radio, but I can't find the block diagram.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    You forgot about the lack of GPS on the non-3G version.
    i might get both! 499 wifi and later on w 3g
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Does anyone besides AT&T offer the pay-as-you-go pricing? From my read of the Sprint site, you need a data contract on a tablet.

Frankly, that seems like a barrier to purchase to me--do I really want to commit to a 1 or 2 year contract on a device that could wind up collecting dust in 2 months?

Another point-- how much of a nightmare would be it for Sprint et al to deal with people trying to cancel those contracts when the thing does get used for balancing tables?

That may be why this is launching on AT&T first-- they're simply hedging their bets.

And yes, most of you reading this board aren't necessarily in that crowd, but I know 10 other folks with Pres, and none of them read this board. Remember that we are the vast minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrath View Post
    Yikes! I need my GPS! I guess it is a 3G version for me.
    There are always other alternatives. Amazon makes reference to a GPS Receiver that works via Bluetooth. All we need are drivers to connect with webOS 3.0 or it may already be possible to use this technology? Sorli...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12