1.    #1  
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-QCRYJ3bvg

At around the 25:16 minute mark, a guy walks in the background and puts a TouchPad down. If you look at the screen, it looks like it is showing a camera preview. I know the specs all say that there is no camera in the back, so I am not sure what to make of this.

BUT, the real kicker starts at the 25:55 mark! When he moved the TouchPad to pick it up, you can clearly see that the preview on the screen is updating. What's going on here??

Take a look for yourself and see what you think...
    Yeah I saw that and mentioned it in the other thread. I'm not sure what is going on there. The fact that the specs have not been updated makes me think we were both on drugs.
    Good catch!!! That model certainly seemed to have a read camera in place.
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    What makes you think that's a touchpad?
    BUT I'M NOT ON A PRODUCTION BUILD

Sure that's even a TouchPad? The bottom part seems to be shiny, like a keyboard... Plus, it doesn't even fold like the TouchPad case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    What makes you think that's a touchpad?
    Yeah that's why I think it could have been something else. It looks like it is set on a stand that resembled the TP touchstone though which is what got my attention at first.

looking at it again, that's not a TS, it's the case the tablet is in so it's probably an iPad.
    Last edited by Superjudge; 06/09/2011 at 09:16 AM.
    Not sure that's a TouchPad but that was definitely a rear-facing camera. Nice catch!
  8.    #8  
    Yea I just went and looked at the video again, and I agree that it's actually NOT a TouchPad False alarm/hope.

Around the 21 minute mark, the older blond guy who pulled up a chair to the right of the speaker gets up, and pulls something from his backpack. That's the device that I thought was a TouchPad in the original post. It looks like some sort of tablet inside a case that also contains a keyboard.
    yea...up swipe...thanx HP for a providing a gesture from any angle without having to press the "center/home" button...its a start and i like it...now come one wave bar.
    Last edited by retroblu; 06/09/2011 at 10:17 AM. Reason: its hot and im not thinkin straight
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by retroblu View Post
    yea...up swipe...thanx HP for a providing a gesture from any angle without having to press the "center/home" button...its a start and i like it...now come one wave bar.
    i'm kind of sad that the wavebar is no more. i use it all the time because it's so much faster. i'm not sure how a wavebar could be integrated into the TouchPad since there is no capacitive surface in the bezel though one thing that MIGHT work is to measure how finger is swiped on to the screen... something like this:

1) swipe & release on entering screen = activate launcher
    2) swipe & hold on entering screen = activate wave quicklaunch bar