Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    right, HP initially limited supply of their slate 500 production, just so they can claim they "sold out", and had "huge demand".

Guess what was found out later? they only made 9000 of those. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    right, HP initially limited supply of their slate 500 production, just so they can claim they "sold out", and had "huge demand".

Guess what was found out later? they only made 9000 of those. lol
    Are you sure they did just "just so they can claim they 'sold out'"? Or, could one of the reasons possibly be that after announcing the product, and promising it to end users, they subsequently bought out a company with an existing OS, and decided on a new roadmap? That they then produced a few for special orders in an effort to fill orders for those that still wanted the device in spite of the newly announced roadmap?

I know that acknowledging that, even as a slim possibility, would mean acknowledging that HP did something right, thus indicating they're not the total idiots that some folks think they are - but it is a possibility.
    so will the AT&T Touchpad be both 3g/4g and wifi?
    Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    so will the AT&T Touchpad be both 3g/4g and wifi?
    if we knew that, it would be on the front page.

the info is not yet known

right now it is just wifi
    Last edited by kjb86; 06/09/2011 at 04:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Are you sure they did just "just so they can claim they 'sold out'"? Or, could one of the reasons possibly be that after announcing the product, and promising it to end users, they subsequently bought out a company with an existing OS, and decided on a new roadmap? That they then produced a few for special orders in an effort to fill orders for those that still wanted the device in spite of the newly announced roadmap?

I know that acknowledging that, even as a slim possibility, would mean acknowledging that HP did something right, thus indicating they're not the total idiots that some folks think they are - but it is a possibility.
    right, if the initial available date is Oct 22nd, they wouldn't have any pre-order 3 months before that, would they?

So when there is no pre-order of the products, HP still produced special orders in an effort to fill an none-exist order?
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    right, if the initial available date is Oct 22nd, they wouldn't have any pre-order 3 months before that, would they?

So when there is no pre-order of the products, HP still produced special orders in an effort to fill an none-exist order?
    I said nothing about filling pre-orders, I said they promised the product, and produced some to fill that promise, for those buyers that still wanted them. However HP did have pre-orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    hate to say it
    but apple does it
    so do other companies

limit first production
    media then reports sold out.. in turn drives up consumer demand

basic supply/demand economics right there

but they also are launching quite global the first day, so maybe it is a production limit as well.
    That's not anywhere close to how "basic supply/demand economics" works. In fact, it's the exact opposite.
    I received another confirmation from an HP sales rep that the units will not ship from HP until July 1st. I replied and politely told him "Thanks, but no thanks. But feel free to contact me if the units will ship to arrive on the 1st, otherwise, I'll go buy my TouchPad, Touchstone and case at a local retailer." I'm not expecting a reply.
    Just got an email from HP stating that the TouchPad is here and to Reserve one starting June 19.
    Yup, got mine also. Cant wait to reserve mine on Fathers Day ..... A little gift for myself.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Got one here as well.
    <threads merged>
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I want the 3/4G 16GB. I wish they would announce if its coming at same time.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456