Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    e mail recieved 11:29 A.M

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    well that means u get it on the second then.. thats not bad if u are going to make a large purchase there doesnt seem to be a way around that unless u go through amazon, but thats another 10 days
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    HI,

I just wanted to inform you that I will be able to place a preorder for the hp touchpad before anyone else in the country on JUNE 19 2011. If you would like for me to call you to place the order on that day just simply reply to my email with your billing and shipping information along with a contact number and I will give you free priority overnight shipping on your order so that you can receive this in a very timely manner.

Best regards
    Yeah, I don't think I'll be sending some random person on a web forum my billing information when I can preorder directly from HP on the same date you mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarder1999 View Post
    Yeah, I don't think I'll be sending some random person on a web forum my billing information when I can preorder directly from HP on the same date you mentioned.
    sorry, that was just a cut and past form the email I got from HP. the guy actually just called me as well and said that only HP will be getting Touchpads on July 1st. I asked when it would ship and he said it would ship on July 1st and he could give me overnight shipping. I told him that means I would get the package on July 5th and hes said "no no".. I told him to go look a calendar. He then said he would get back with me. I accidently gave him all my contact info in my work email signature so he called me like 2 seconds after I replied to his email and he also set up some type of hp account for me where I now have a password. What Im really interested in is when the brick and mortar stores will be getting their touchpads..
    sorry, that was just a cut and past form the email I got from HP. the guy actually just called me as well and said that only HP will be getting Touchpads on July 1st. I asked when it would ship and he said it would ship on July 1st and he could give me overnight shipping. I told him that means I would get the package on July 5th and hes said "no no".. I told him to go look a calendar. He then said he would get back with me. I accidently gave him all my contact info in my work email signature so he called me like 2 seconds after I replied to his email and he also set up some type of hp account for me where I now have a password. What Im really interested in is when the brick and mortar stores will be getting their touchpads..
    Oh, sorry to imply you were a scammer.

Yeah, I think the shipping on July 1st date was a silly choice with the holiday weekend... of course, that might have been a concession to the brick and mortar retailers to give people who want it for a holiday vacation a reason to buy it in a store instead of waiting for an online order.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Not true, it's been confirmed the Veer has the same coil inside. A software update will bring Touch-To-Share to the Veer as well.
    Let's hope it stomps on a few bugs, also.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarder1999 View Post
    Oh, sorry to imply you were a scammer.

Yeah, I think the shipping on July 1st date was a silly choice with the holiday weekend... of course, that might have been a concession to the brick and mortar retailers to give people who want it for a holiday vacation a reason to buy it in a store instead of waiting for an online order.
    thats exactly what I told the sales rep and he said only HP will have product on July 1st... That could of been a sales tactic by the HP rep because he wants me to order through him but who knows..
    thats exactly what I told the sales rep and he said only HP will have product on July 1st... That could of been a sales tactic by the HP rep because he wants me to order through him but who knows..
    My HP sales rep said otherwise. He said Walmart and Best Buy will have very limited supply on hand July 1st and that I can try them first, and come to him if I can't locate one. From what I've read in the Walmart threads, multiple different Walmart workers in various stores have confirmed to have 2 on order. I'm betting most Walmarts will have 2 on July 1st.
    My HP sales rep said otherwise. He said Walmart and Best Buy will have very limited supply on hand July 1st and that I can try them first, and come to him if I can't locate one. From what I've read in the Walmart threads, multiple different Walmart workers in various stores have confirmed to have 2 on order. I'm betting most Walmarts will have 2 on July 1st.
    That matches a prior thread about the walmart.

I don't know if thats an indication that HP really doesn't expect to sell many of this, or just that they couldn't make enough in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

I don't know if thats an indication that HP really doesn't expect to sell many of this, or just that they couldn't make enough in time.
    ahh good info, anyone know about best buy? I wanted to get one from best buy just because I was saving a gift certificate since Christmas for this damn touchpad!!!
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Not true, it's been confirmed the Veer has the same coil inside. A software update will bring Touch-To-Share to the Veer as well.
    Wonderful to hear. Will it also have the call / text forwarding that was talked about as well?

hate to say it
    but apple does it
    so do other companies

limit first production
    media then reports sold out.. in turn drives up consumer demand

basic supply/demand economics right there

but they also are launching quite global the first day, so maybe it is a production limit as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Wonderful to hear. Will it also have the call / text forwarding that was talked about as well?
    Veer and Pre2 both will be able to send calls and SMS messages to the Touchpad. Pre2 just won't be able to do the touch-to-share send webpage links between devices like Veer will.
    Stoked.

Since we are allocating inventory just for pre orders, and by me providing free overnight shipping. The Touchpad arriving by the 2nd should not be a problem.

Or maybe it's an indication that HP's TouchPad, just like Apple's iPad, will be in limited supply initially.

Seems that there is a determined effort (by some) to make everything HP does to be a failure of one type or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    hate to say it
    but apple does it
    so do other companies

limit first production
    media then reports sold out.. in turn drives up consumer demand
    Even if that's not the intent, it looks like the are attempting to make the device available everywhere on the first day. If they send 2 TouchPads to every Walmart, Best Buy, Staples, etc... and eval units to hundreds of enterprise customers, and the warehouses for places like Amazon.com, that's a bunch of units required just to fill the pipeline. That's going to "limit" the supply until the pipeline fills up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Even if that's not the intent, it looks like the are attempting to make the device available everywhere on the first day. If they send 2 TouchPads to every Walmart, Best Buy, Staples, etc... and eval units to hundreds of enterprise customers, and the warehouses for places like Amazon.com, that's a bunch of units required just to fill the pipeline. That's going to "limit" the supply until the pipeline fills up.
    yup precisely it as well
    it's quite the retail demand to fill, even for HP's shoes.
    If it was just the US, it would be different, but we're talking different continents here.
    Also HP would keep a lot in stock themselves as you stated for a) enterprise and b) pre orders.

it's kind of a win-win for HP actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Or maybe it's an indication that HP's TouchPad, just like Apple's iPad, will be in limited supply initially.

Seems that there is a determined effort (by some) to make everything HP does to be a failure of one type or another.
    no ones ever happy anymore.

nothing is ever good enough.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts

They're going for a wide blanket with getting some at all the different stores for exposure, so they won't have as many at every store. I think they of course have a finite supply, and are holding on to some for business sales, online sales, and to strategically restock wherever pre-orders and in-store sales are actually being made. Plus, "selling out" always looks good.

FWIW, the Best Buy, 2 Targets, and Walmart I was at yesterday all had the same number of Touchpads as Wi-Fi iPad 2s! (zero)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    ...FWIW, the Best Buy, 2 Targets, and Walmart I was at yesterday all had the same number of Touchpads as Wi-Fi iPad 2s! (zero)
    Waitaminnit, you mean all of those places had zero WiFi iPad 2s? As in none?

Hmmm, wonder if it's "an indication that Apple really doesn't expect to sell many of this, or just that they couldn't make enough in time."
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast