Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 113
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I need my no-tax Amazon discount!
    Sounds like they won't get it for the first though.
    was said for July 17th on Amazon. Would they come with a lower price at that time ? Who knows.
  2. #62  
    I wonder how many threads we will have on this? How could you miss the other thread?
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    was said for July 17th on Amazon. Would they come with a lower price at that time ? Who knows.
    Yes, lower by however much sales tax is in your state. Unless you report the things that you buy on Amazon at the end of the year.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
  4. #64  
    Just got mine. Going to reposnd that i need to know if a VNC like product is being worked on.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  5. #65  
    Same here. Still no word about if pre-orders will ship in time to be received on July 1st though.
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    If you prebuy it from hp direct, think you'd get it sooner than a local store? I'd hate to order it & being July 1st is a friday and ups not delivering on the weekend.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I just got an email from an HP rep asking if he wants me to be placed on his calendar for a call to preorder on June 19th. Now a 2nd HP rep has emailed me similarly. I've written them both back asking this very question. If we'll have them delivered by July 1st or they'll ship by July 1st. It's a no brainer I'll go into a store on July 1st and buy one if the preorders aren't shipping until July 1. I'll update when I hear back.

    Update: Here's the answer
    "Unfortunately our orders won't begin shipping until July 1st. If you do decide to buy through us i can provide you free shipping. Also, HP extended warranties for touchpads are only available directly through us."

    Update2: Another response
    "Walmart and best buy will not be getting that much per store so let me know if you can not find one there and Ill be more than happy to sell one."
    Last edited by volcom45; 06/09/2011 at 11:32 AM.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Just got mine. Going to reposnd that i need to know if a VNC like product is being worked on.
    there is already a remote control app, splashtop in the app catalog for webOS 2.x.

    May or may not work with touchpad. and it doesn't have encryption.

    Either way, you probably want to makesure it works before making decision, "being worked on" is a vague promise, not reliable.
  8. #68  
    Got mine also.
  9. #69  
    I got an email from HP telling me I can Pre-Order the device right now!

    Good Morning,

    My name is Philip and i'm a sales representative with Hewlett Packard. I was given your information due to your recent inquiry regarding our soon to be released HP Touchpad. We've finally announced the release for our touchpad. Pre Orders will be able to be placed exclusively through HP beginning June 19th. Pricing is as follows:

    16GB Touchpad: $499.99
    32GB Touchpad: $599.99

    If you'd like me to contact you either Sunday June 19th, or the following week (20th-24th) to get an order placed, simply reply to my email with the best number to reach you at and when you'd like to be contacted and i'll be sure to add it to my calendar.

    Preorders will be on a first come first serve basis, the sooner we can get your preorder in the sooner it will ship once shipments do begin.

    All of my contact info is in the signature below. Again, if you'd like to place a preorder available June 19th simply reply to this email as soon as possible with the best phone # to reach you at and on what day you'd like to be contacted. I'll ensure i reach out to you on the day you request.

    I look forward to hearing back from you!

    Warm Regards,
  10. #70  
    So is the ship date July 1st?
  11. #71  
    that would be good. But so far I don't believe thats what they are saying. yes they are both "coming along". But only 32Gb is coming "to retail stores".
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    So is the ship date July 1st?
    I do believe they will not ship until July 1.

    Actually quite horrible for Americans. Ships July 1, then you have the weekend, then it's the 4th of July on the Monday. Earliest you can see the tablet is Tuesday the 5th.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Just got that too, but I'd hate to do that and screw myself out of possible no-tax ordering from Amazon.
    agree, im so sad though because I dont think I am going to buy one after I waited so long. It doesn't make sense for me to have a webos touchpad when I am going to have to switch to a non webos phone. Sprint has really let me down..
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I just got an email from an HP rep asking if he wants me to be placed on his calendar for a call to preorder on June 19th. Now a 2nd HP rep has emailed me similarly. I've written them both back asking this very question. If we'll have them delivered by July 1st or they'll ship by July 1st. It's a no brainer I'll go into a store on July 1st and buy one if the preorders aren't shipping until July 1. I'll update when I hear back.

    Update: Here's the answer
    "Unfortunately our orders won't begin shipping until July 1st. If you do decide to buy through us i can provide you free shipping. Also, HP extended warranties for touchpads are only available directly through us."

    Update2: Another response
    "Walmart and best buy will not be getting that much per store so let me know if you can not find one there and Ill be more than happy to sell one."
    Ship on the first? Screw that, I'll take my chances at Walmart then. I doubt they will be flying off shelves.
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    agree, im so sad though because I dont think I am going to buy one after I waited so long. It doesn't make sense for me to have a webos touchpad when I am going to have to switch to a non webos phone. Sprint has really let me down..
    I haven't seen anything on the Android side that shows an Android tablet working seamlessly with an Android phone. If that's the case, then getting a TouchPad is a good way to leverage the webOS apps you have already purchased... and buy one without a 3G contract so you have the flexibility to switch your phone or tablet in either direction.
  16. #76  
    Update #3 from HP Rep: They'll offer free 2-day shipping. Like a user said above though, we have the weekend and 4th of July holiday to muck with our shipping days

    Hmm, thinking about it, don't 2-day shipments deliver on Saturday? If so, if they ship July 1st, we could see them July 2nd possibly..
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    there is already a remote control app, splashtop in the app catalog for webOS 2.x.

    May or may not work with touchpad. and it doesn't have encryption.

    Either way, you probably want to makesure it works before making decision, "being worked on" is a vague promise, not reliable.
    unfortunately I do not have a 2.x device as I'm on the Verizon Pre Plus. No way to test. The fact that it doesn't allow encryption might be a breaking point for a couple of my clients
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  18. #78  
    Also on Amazon, if you do a search for the TouchPad, it no longer has the July 17th blurb at the top of the page. I wonder when they will start pre-orders.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hmm, thinking about it, don't 2-day shipments deliver on Saturday? If so, if they ship July 1st, we could see them July 2nd possibly..
    that would be overnight shipping, or next day shipping.
  20. #80  
    Just got my response too. They won't guarantee they can ship the 31st. Over night, shipped on the first.
    Lame.
    Walmart at Midnight wins.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions