Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Wrongo, late boy, should have been Tuesday July 13 2010, just under 2 weeks after they completed the Palm acquisition. They had plenty of time during that 6 week due diligence to whip up a tablet.
    ^^^ This.

Palm already had WebOS 3.0 ready and working on a prototype tablets, all HP had to do was put it on the pre-built tablets that they made in preparation before the acquisition.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/09/2011 at 12:43 PM.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    ^^^ This.

Palm already had WebOS 3.0 ready and working on a prototype tablets, all HP had to do was put it on the pre-built tablets that they made in preparation before the acquisition.
    Yep, they could have put it in that Slate thingy in July of 2010.

Since they didn't, its all over baby blue. Expect to see HP selling Android next year at this time.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Its wonderful to have an official date...

Now get us some updatedinfo on Apps and a Pre3 release date. If I get a Touchpad its only because I'm getting a Pre3 as well since it seems that it, and not the veer, is the only phone that can allow you to make use of all of the TP's features.
    I'm so excited I cannot deal with it.
    They need to ship 16GB to retails! otherwise it will disappoint people who think they can buy it for $499.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post

Now get us some updatedinfo on Apps and a Pre3 release date. If I get a Touchpad its only because I'm getting a Pre3 as well since it seems that it, and not the veer, is the only phone that can allow you to make use of all of the TP's features.
    In the touchpad vid on youtube, he said the Veer would get a software update so it would work with the touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post

Not true, it's been confirmed the Veer has the same coil inside. A software update will bring Touch-To-Share to the Veer as well.
    Sorry to sound impatient but do you think pre-orders will ship by July 1? I'd hate to preorder (and pay) on June 19th only to get it after its available in BB or Walmart.

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Sorry to sound inpatient but do you think pre-orders will ship by July 1? I'd hate to preorder (and pay) on June 19th only to get it after its available in BB or Walmart.

thanks!
    They best way to get it fast is still going to stores. Bestbuy also gives you 30 days return.

The downsides, obviously, are:
    no 16GB at stores
    it may sold out, depends on how many they stock.
    tax

You sounds not very patient on this matter, so I say goto stores and get a 32Gb. Just make sure you call various stores one day ahead for a reservation.
  10. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Im ordering three tPad's . . .
  11. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    BTW, keep an eye on HPQ stock the next couple days . . . we'll see what investors think of HP entering the game at this point in the tablet revolution ~

$35.67 (opened $35.40ish this morning)
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    I'm so excited I cannot deal with it.
    I have some ativan if you want?
    If you prebuy it from hp direct, think you'd get it sooner than a local store? I'd hate to order it & being July 1st is a friday and ups not delivering on the weekend.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    HI,

I just wanted to inform you that I will be able to place a preorder for the hp touchpad before anyone else in the country on JUNE 19 2011. If you would like for me to call you to place the order on that day just simply reply to my email with your billing and shipping information along with a contact number and I will give you free priority overnight shipping on your order so that you can receive this in a very timely manner.

Best regards
    TouchPad pre-order June 19

The TouchPad is finally arriving. You can pre-order at HP/Palm website

TouchPad | Laptop TouchPad, TouchPad Computer starting June 19th.

Besides the official availability for July 1st in the USA ,HPs first webOS tablet will be available in the United Kingdom, Ireland, France and Germany

a few days later and in Canada in mid-July, with availability scheduled to follow later this year in Italy and Spain, as well as in Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand and Singapore.

HP TouchPad will be available from U.S. retailers, commercial resellers and direct from HP with the option of either 16 GB or 32 GB of internal storage(1) for $499.99 and $599.99, respectively.(2) Preorders in North America and Europe will begin June 19.

Source: HP Announces HP TouchPad Availability for United States, Europe and Canada | Business Wire
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/09/2011 at 12:39 PM.
    I need my no-tax Amazon discount!
    Sounds like they won't get it for the first though.
    The wording leads one to believe that the 16GB version will be in stores along with the 32GB option, but I'd really like some confirmation on that.
    Just got that too, but I'd hate to do that and screw myself out of possible no-tax ordering from Amazon.
    ugh... I need pre3 on sprint or no touchpad. Come on hp I'm about to give up and I'm a day 1 owner. I see no touchpad on sprint announcment so I think it's over.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadForce View Post
    The wording leads one to believe that the 16GB version will be in stores along with the 32GB option, but I'd really like some confirmation on that.
    Yes both are coming along
    HP Announces HP TouchPad Availability for United States, Europe and Canada | Business Wire
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast