Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Kinda...

But hey i'l take it! Check it out, minute 7

even on the touchpad you can swipe up to go to card view and the launcher mode
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/09/2011 at 11:45 AM. Reason: changed link
    i was just about to post the video myself...this is the best news ever!
    See guys, you don't need a gesture area for some of these gestures.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    You don't know how happy I was when I watched this video and saw that they still incorporated gestures. If only I had a picture of my relieved face at the time I just got done watching it when I saw the TouchPad announcements on the front page of PreCentral. I am one happy guy :P
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    The up swipe is good, but the back and forward are really what makes webOS elegant.
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    The up swipe is good, but the back and forward are really what makes webOS elegant.
    i agree, though i think the up swipe is a nice touch. I didn't want to have to press that button every time i went into card view. It's not very ergonomic especially in landscape mode.
    This is good to hear. I always wondered why they didnt have this from the start since you dont need a gesture area to do this. Its just like on the Pre where you can swipe down at the top of the phone to bring down the app menu. Im glad they did this.
    that stupid button is now officially useless... just like on the original pre...
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah but on the TP u dont need forward and back swipe really cause u can add and sub panels... but the up gesture is a must~! i do hope they get advanced gestures as well so we can seemlessly transition different apps
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    that stupid button is now officially useless... just like on the original pre...
    Not really. For us or those who are familiar with webos of course that's the case. For the general consumer who has never experienced webos, it will make it easier to interact with while at a display at Best Buy or Wal Mart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Not really. For us or those who are familiar with webos of course that's the case. For the general consumer who has never experienced webos, it will make it easier to interact with while at a display at Best Buy or Wal Mart.
    LOL try telling my dad that! I've lost count of how many times I've had to explain the swipe-up gesture to him, but he keeps on using the button.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    LOL try telling my dad that! I've lost count of how many times I've had to explain the swipe-up gesture to him, but he keeps on using the button.
    HA...that was my point. The button will work for the webos noob right out of the box or in their brief interaction at a store. Without that button, the average person will get frustrated during their experience because they won't be able to figure out how to get to card view and feel stuck.
    lol @Superjudge i had a brainfart. i didn't mean to quote you. i meant to quote the person you were quoteing, Emceesquared.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    maybe in the next hardware release they may add a dedicated gesture area(s)

one can only dream, but implementation of the up swipe is promising of changes in the future
    Quote Originally Posted by retroblu View Post
    maybe in the next hardware release they may add a dedicated gesture area(s)

one can only dream, but implementation of the up swipe is promising of changes in the future
    Well what about doing it the same way the did the upswipe. You just swipe the torward the left or right bezel to go forward or back. Using 2 fingers either way switches between full screen apps like advance gestures. Maybe the accelerometer can tell what position the TP is so those swipes don't get confused with upswipes.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Well what about doing it the same way the did the upswipe. You just swipe the torward the left or right bezel to go forward or back. Using 2 fingers either way switches between full screen apps like advance gestures. Maybe the accelerometer can tell what position the TP is so those swipes don't get confused with upswipes.
    Exactly my thoughts... Just need to implement multi-finger gestures to allow for Back & Fwd, etc
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Yeah, it was kind of funny in the 38 minute video when Tim said that back in Feb on the first TouchPads he kept trying to swipe up, he knew then that the swipe up feature had to be added.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Exactly my thoughts... Just need to implement multi-finger gestures to allow for Back & Fwd, etc
    Well if HP doesnt do it, maybe in the form of a patch.
  19. vpr
    How 'bout a rear side touch area ala the PS Vita so I can just swipe my finger on the back of the device from the center to the left to go back with my left hand, or from the center to the right w/ my right hand to go forward?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast