Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    The up swipe is good, but the back and forward are really what makes webOS elegant.
    I agree. Also hope that the wave bar would be implemented if the up swipe is available.
    This is such great news! I wonder what other little tidbits have sneaked into the latest builds.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    I like the way it took him about 10 attempts and a full minute to get it to pair with the keyboard. That'll sell a lot of units right there, lol. That's a little embarrassing. 8:58-9:50. He starts trying to pair at 8:40, but it takes him 15 seconds to figure out the keyboard isn't turned on...

The rest of the device looks great. It looks gorgeous, and as Tim indicated, the TouchPad hardware he has is different than February 9th hardware. I'd buy one in a heartbeat IF IT HAD VIDEO OUT!!!! I just can't believe HP overlooked it. It's mind boggling.... ooooo, but wait. 33:15 a question is asked (about multi-media support?) and Tim talks about multi-media where HP has plans to do some additional multi-media support they're going to be adding but they're keeping as secret surprises at launch.
    33:15 a question is asked (about multi-media support?) and Tim talks about multi-media where HP has plans to do some additional multi-media support they're going to be adding but they're keeping as secret surprises at launch.
    TouchToShare Videos to TV using Bluetooth/hdmi adapter? Could be a big surprise... :-)))

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    I like the way it took him about 10 attempts and a full minute to get it to pair with the keyboard. That'll sell a lot of units right there, lol. That's a little embarrassing. 8:58-9:50. He starts trying to pair at 8:40, but it takes him 15 seconds to figure out the keyboard isn't turned on...

The rest of the device looks great. It looks gorgeous, and as Tim indicated, the TouchPad hardware he has is different than February 9th hardware. I'd buy one in a heartbeat IF IT HAD VIDEO OUT!!!! I just can't believe HP overlooked it. It's mind boggling.... ooooo, but wait. 33:15 a question is asked (about multi-media support?) and Tim talks about multi-media where HP has plans to do some additional multi-media support they're going to be adding but they're keeping as secret surprises at launch.
    I figure most people will have a better experience at pairing since they won't be trying to interact with the device upside-down
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    they should have done TTS with the official keyboard!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    I figure most people will have a better experience at pairing since they won't be trying to interact with the device upside-down
    Yeah, cause it matters which orientation your fingers are in when they touch the screen

The TouchPad lagged through the touch 2x (I didn't count the time it looks like he just missed the bar), and acknowledged the touch 3x (highlighted the request to pair) before it actually paired. That has nothing to do with finger orientation.
  8.    #28  
    the question is, if you can still do the swipe up gesture, can you still do the wave bar??
    Yeah, cause it matters which orientation your fingers are in when they touch the screen

The TouchPad lagged through the touch 2x (I didn't count the time it looks like he just missed the bar), and acknowledged the touch 3x (highlighted the request to pair) before it actually paired. That has nothing to do with finger orientation.
    It's also nothing new. Know how many times this (webOS not registering a tap/half-registering a tap) happened on my Veer today? Lots. Just like on my Pre2 and my Pre. webOS is finicky with taps; you either get used to it or you moan after every update that it hasn't been fixed yet.

Back on topic: I was elated to see this news in the video. Kudos to HP for this smart move. Chances of me buying the TP just went up a few points.
    thanks god, been hoping they would do this from the start. Would definitely not buy without the up swipe. And dedicated gesture area is a waste of space, this way is much better (they just need to add more gestures and multitouch gestures). I'd been thinking since I got my pixi I'd rather have a bigger screen than the gesture area, gestures work fine on the screen...
    The up swipe is good, but the back and forward are really what makes webOS elegant.
    Because of the structure of Enyo (at least on tablets), the back/forward gestures are useless. The apps are handled mainly with panes, which don't need a back/forward gesture in order to work.

when he was pairing , he obviously missed the button since he was using the device updside down, and yes when he taps it he moves his fonger of it and that causes the tap not to register, if you guys have this problem on a regular basis, heres how it works,

1) a slight tap doesn't register at all. ( this is to correct for uninttended taps)

2.) a tap on a list item/ button and then moving away from the button doesn't register as a tap ( the tem may get highlighted) ( similar to clicking an an icon and moving the mouse away )

3.) tapping and holding for a split second registers as a tap.
    I think the touchpad is big enough that a dedicated gesture area is useless. HP alread has the up gesture back. A one finger swipe from the right bezel should take you back. A two finger swipe from the left or right bezels should switch apps. Problem solved.

Even though the back gesture is pretty useless with enyo, there are plenty of complains to be pleased with its return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I think the touchpad is big enough that a dedicated gesture area is useless. HP alread has the up gesture back. A one finger swipe from the right bezel should take you back. A two finger swipe from the left or right bezels should switch apps. Problem solved.

Even though the back gesture is pretty useless with enyo, there are plenty of complains to be pleased with its return.
    I think that would be a great way to implement the gestures. On a Tablet it would be much better than a dedicated gesture area. I feel like a gesture area would be awkward, but swiping from the sides would be very natural.

And though Enyo may remove some of the need for the back swipe, it would still be very useful. I know I use it all the time in my pre-'s browser.
    Yeah I agree with the two-finger swipe. I understand why it could be just a single finger. Think about a photo app, does a single finger swipe mean you want to cycle the photos or go back to the previous screen? Since I can't think of any two-finger gestures in use it seems like a good solution.
    I think they could bring back the left and right swipes with just a bit of modification. Start with a swipe up be veer (heh) left off the side of the screen for left swipe and right off the screen for right swipe. Could even implement full left and right swipes (for application switching) by swooping up and then to the left or right and back off the bottom respectively.

Not perfect, but I could live with it. They could even update the phones to support these for consistency across platforms..
    Also hope that the wave bar would be implemented if the up swipe is available.
    +1
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    I thought that the wave bar gesture was being replaced with calling the virtual keyboard?
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Maybe I'm seeing it wrong, but at about 25:20 someone puts down another touchpad behind the group, and it looks to me like there is a rear facing camera showing either the steps or the chair. It doesn't seem to be the front facing camera because you don't see the guy walking around in front of it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12