Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Enjoy - a bit long. Thoughts people?

casual setting with some good info.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    wow swiping up works~!!!! no longer do we need the stupid home button!!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Sweet video. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    That's the most time we've had with the TouchPad. Thanks.

Hope to see load times reduced when apps aren't writing so many logs for these testing models.
    By far the best vid about the TP. Thanks for sharing.
    Best ****ing news that the upswipe is back **** yes!!!!!!!!!!!
    at 8:15 he says "i can touch my phone against your touchpad to share data"

i thought you need the same palm profile for touch to share?

I agree, bringing back the upswipe is great! Pushing the button would have drove me crazy since I'm so trained to upswipe for so many things with my Pre. Now I just have to get used to looking for a back button instead of the backswipe, which actually will probably not be that big of a deal.

-Skippy
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    at 8:15 he says "i can touch my phone against your touchpad to share data"

i thought you need the same palm profile for touch to share?

I noticed that too. That was one of my concerns about touch-to-share, was that previously we were told it would only work with the same palm(HP?) profile. I'm glad to see touch-to-share will have a wider range of usability.
    Thanks for sharing this video. It's answered a number of questions for me, and I'm sooo glad the upswipe is there. I actually went a month or two on my Pixi without knowing about the upswipe (I just tapped the gesture area instead) and finding out about it made the whole experience a lot better. I'm glad I'll be able to do it on the TouchPad too.
    Wow. Nice find. It was indeed the longest experience we've seen of the Touchpad. It's truly beautiful. I'm super excited about it all over again. It really does look powerful and smooth/fast. There's a few efficiency issues, but in general it seems that the OS and hardware is much more polished and works really smoothly.

Can't wait!
    Must commit, I'm excited too. Glider performance looks bad though.
    Those were some 38 minutes of sheer enjoyment! Makes me even more desperate to get the TP / Pre3 combo!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Thanks for the link.

Anyone know if the keyboard can be charged on the touchstone?

Really want a Touchpad for my parents but why didn't HP put HDMI-out on it, would have been perfect for those who don't own a laptop.
    Last edited by Andreas; 06/09/2011 at 04:30 AM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Thanks for the link.

Anyone know if the keyboard can be charged on the touchstone?

Really want a Touchpad for my parents but why didn't HP put HDMI-out on it, would have been perfect for those who don't own a laptop.
    No. It takes AA batteries.

I agree HDMI would be great.

Interesting to note that they have been through multiple hardware and software itterations since the Feb 9th event.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    No. It takes AA batteries.

I agree HDMI would be great.

Interesting to note that they have been through multiple hardware and software itterations since the Feb 9th event.
    I would guess that is a good sign, isn't it? Because this might ensure that we can get hard- and software both as flawless as possible...
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i think hdmi out can still be done through a future update... they have micro usb to hdmi cables....
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I'm disappointed that nobody ask for specs on the screen or if he was showing a production model.
    aah, he ducked the questions about multimedia, they will probably make announcements about multimedia features at the McCartney concert, its the perfect venue.

very funny, he also mentioned the ebayer with the touchpad and chuckled as launch date has not been announced, saying "we'll see if he makes his dates"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    aah, he ducked the questions about multimedia, they will probably make announcements about multimedia features at the McCartney concert, its the perfect venue.
    He more than ducked them though, he basically said they are holding on to a lot of multimedia reveals for launch - which is what I was hoping.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast