Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    He more than ducked them though, he basically said they are holding on to a lot of multimedia reveals for launch - which is what I was hoping.
    nice point, implied in what I was saying as I have steadily hoped they would have something good, but I could have brought out the point.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-palm...d-content.html

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-palm...c-service.html
    I liked his answer about the apps question, the age old question, what about more apps? blah blah. They're smart for chasing after the popular 20% of the apps I think, and not wasting their time on fart apps and cat apps. We already have enough of that garbage.
    Sprint Love
    Great video link, thanks.

I like the candor he spoke with - various iterations/versions of both hardware and software since February, the OS version on the TP he had there was the latest for "that week", etc...

It really does look like this is a whole ecosystem they are trying to create, and the layers of thought are deep and pragmatic into both the consumer and enterprise worlds.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Around the 25 minute mark, there looks to be TP with a rear camera. It gets set on the table over the left shoulder of the speaker. You can tell because the screen seems to show a camera view. It could be the front camera but it looks more like it's showing an image from the rear of the TP. It's probably not even a TP.
    Last edited by Superjudge; 06/09/2011 at 08:14 AM.
    This guy is much better than Rubi. They need to let him on stage when they are doing product demos. Let Rubi say this is what we are doing and then let him say this is how it works.
    Damnn! That's an actual gesture area! Ha!

I'm watching with the volume off because I can't stop listening to the radio (Cup coverage FTW), but that looks like one sweet tablet.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

There is no gesture area.

The upswipe is just the screen recognizing gesture.
    Well I now don't think that was rear facing camera TP. They announced the release date but the product specs page has not been updated to reflect any hardware changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    There is no gesture area.

The upswipe is just the screen recognizing gesture.
    You're right. Sorry. If you go to 9 min and watch, the reflections of the button look like the gesture area on the Pre.

Still, gesture area working is pretty much how I figured it would work.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Is it just me or does the case look very cheap and flimsy?
    pretty good video
    Tim was really good demonstrating, talking about the product.
    He was quick to answer questions, thoroughly as well.
    This made me want the touchpad that much more.
    Software is looking good. The glider game probably just needs a bit more work.

The way he spoke about the apps seems very promising and they will have a good launch.
    I like how you can touch to pair for bluetooth. Makes the process very simple
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Wish they had some mics on the guys asking questions
    Quote Originally Posted by bhughes719 View Post
    Is it just me or does the case look very cheap and flimsy?
    I actually thought it looked very lightweight and efficient, and was well designed.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I thought it looked a lot like the iPad 2 cover thing. But I'm guessing this one's a full-body case and not just a cover right?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    i think hdmi out can still be done through a future update... they have micro usb to hdmi cables....
    No they don't. Don't confuse HTC's proprietary ports for micro-USB.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12