1.    #1  
    As I've only recently determined I'll be getting one of these, I haven't paid much attention to leaked features. I know what's on the HP website. What kind of access will this have? I know the charging will be via microUSB; I assume that will also provide access to a PC. What kind of output is there? Or does anyone know yet? I remember something about it not having HDMI out; I assume it doesn't have VGA. I will actually be using it as a workstation, so I'm curious as to it's true functionality.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    As I've only recently determined I'll be getting one of these, I haven't paid much attention to leaked features. I know what's on the HP website. What kind of access will this have? I know the charging will be via microUSB; I assume that will also provide access to a PC. What kind of output is there? Or does anyone know yet? I remember something about it not having HDMI out; I assume it doesn't have VGA. I will actually be using it as a workstation, so I'm curious as to it's true functionality.
    If you're serious about it as a workstation, you'll probably want a TouchStone dock ($80 retail) and a bluetooth keyboard (many options, but the HP webOS one is $70 retail). Then you can drop the tablet in the dock any time to charge inductively and use with the keyboard. If you don't want the TouchStone you can get the $50 case that converts to a stand and you can just plug in the microUSB cable. (link)

There's no video output as far as we know. You can connect to a PC as a USB drive, but everything else with webOS is just wireless "to the cloud". At the end of the year you'll be able to have webOS on the PC as well, but we don't know if that's only for new HP PCs, any HP PC, or any PC.