View Poll Results: Does PreCentral already have a TouchPad review unit?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes of course! The TP will launch any day now!

66 66.67%
  • Don't be stupid! July if we're lucky!

33 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I feel like PCs been a bit quite lately. Slow to pick up new stories and really not covering every little detail like they usually do when they are starved for news. There tends to be a bit of a lull before the storm around here and it feels like it's begun. Plus with all the demo units kicking around at discover and canes' etc it all just lines up.
    I hate polls that put more than one statement in each category. I think P|C has a TouchPad, but I think it's entirely conceivable that launch will be delayed until July.
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    I feel like PCs been a bit quite lately. Slow to pick up new stories and really not covering every little detail like they usually do when they are starved for news. There tends to be a bit of a lull before the storm around here and it feels like it's begun. Plus with all the demo units kicking around at discover and canes' etc it all just lines up.
    The lack of activity could be due to the change of hands (Dieter leaving).
    I have a test TP, don't you?
    of course they have one. we all will on june 20th.
    i think they have one.
    I don't think they do, but I'd happily be wrong.
    they won't get a review unit till its announced. 1 week before you can buy.
    Launch is not the word I would use... It's more like a slow climb up the stairs on one of those powered chairs.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    I hate polls that put more than one statement in each category. I think P|C has a TouchPad, but I think it's entirely conceivable that launch will be delayed until July.
    I debated going for more options but historically they seem to get it about a week out so they have time to play with it and write before the NDA ends. I really don't think they would have one unless the launch was within the next week or two at most.

I do agree that I dislike when a poll doesn't represent all the particulars of my feelings but it is a poll. That's kind of how they work. I probably should have kept it to yes or no if I was being scientific about it but I figure on a forum in a just for fun thread like this it's OK to be do a little editorializing. Plus we have these handy text box's to discuss the finer details in.
    Last edited by lupos; 06/08/2011 at 04:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    I debated going for more options but historically they seem to get it about a week out so they have time to play with it and write before the NDA ends. I really don't think they would have one unless the launch was within the next week or two at most.

I do agree that I dislike when a pole doesn't represent all the particulars of my feelings but it is a pole. That's kind of how they work. I probably should have kept it to yes or no if I was being scientific about it but I figure on a forum in a just for fun thread like this it's OK to be do a little editorializing. Plus we have these handy text box's to discuss the finer details in.
    i do hope you mean "poll". I think Deiter actually has the thing, and will give a full on review as his last hurrah
    better be with not having alot of valuable updates!
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I have a test TP, don't you?

I have one too, I even spotted the Sham-Wow guy selling them on the late night infomercial.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No, they do not have it.
    I had the same thought just the other day. Or they know something that we don't, but it's probably just wishful thinking.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    The lack of activity could be due to the change of hands (Dieter leaving).
    Conversely, Dieter's leaving could be because he skipped town with the review unit
    webosroundup does not have one
    TouchPad to release on June 22nd? | webOSroundup

If the date is june 20th or june 22nd, the press will probably get a week before
    I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think they have one.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    so the precentral header just changed to the touchpad from the old pre.. what does that mean???
    software isn't finished yet...so: no way to hand out a test device
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast