1.    #1  
    As one would figure when dealing with any Palm-originated product, launch time is frustrating, but very frustrating in my situation. Work has decided to purchase tablets for everyone if we didn't use our travel money. That would be me. Unfortunately the purchase order or receipt has to be in by June 16th. Now it sounds like the 12th isn't really going to fly. However some are predicting pre-orders. If one pre-orders, can they obtain a receipt? Is there anyplace that is accepting payment for these prior to the launch date (like now)?

I think I'm going to be forced to an iPad because they are about a week late. Bummer, dude.
    I am pretty sure that if the preorder actually bills your credit/debit card, you will get a receipt. If all they do is make you purchase one of those flimsy 50 dollar best buy gift cards, then you are out of luck.

Definitely don't waste a free tablet though. Get the iPad if all else fails.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    There is a guy on ebay selling preorder touchpads for 800.00
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, I'm guessing he won't accept a university purchase order....
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    can you buy the ipad now and then return in in 10-20 days?? (i dont know the return policy on those)
    plus IP-2 you can sell back for almost the same money.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Try this guy who has been emailing me

(maybe via PM? mod edit)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Try this guy who has been emailing me

You probably shouldn't be openly posting this information on the internet.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    plus IP-2 you can sell back for almost the same money.
    Yeah, but it won't actually be mine. It'll have a nice university sticker on it. Not sure about returning it but that seems unlikely as well.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgso View Post
    You probably shouldn't be openly posting this information on the internet.
    He's a salesguy who needs to make sales, his contact info should be readily available and he would be glad to make the sale (and probably would not be thrilled by someone taking the opportunity away from him)
    To the OP;

I would contact your HP rep with this, and see how he/she could help you - I would absolutely guarantee that they would try to accomodate you with providing you with at least a purchase reciept of some kind, if there is any way possible.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

12.    #12  
    Actually I found out they would reimburse me as long as the receipt was in by the 16th. I called the local BB and the manager suggested....
    1. buy an iPad 2.
    2. Keep it unopened
    3. return it for a Touchpad.

Only problem is the return time on an iPad is 14days. I would assume BB would have them before the end of the month....but who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Actually I found out they would reimburse me as long as the receipt was in by the 16th. I called the local BB and the manager suggested....
    1. buy an iPad 2.
    2. Keep it unopened

Only problem is the return time on an iPad is 14days. I would assume BB would have them before the end of the month....but who knows?
    The rumors place BB somewhere between July 1-July 11 with Walmart in late June. My money for BB is on the July 4th weekend so they can capitalize on holiday traffic.
    1. buy an iPad 2.
    2. Keep it unopened

i can't imagine buying a new gadget and not opening it.

can't you return it asap and get a store credit instead?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    1. buy an iPad 2.
    2. Keep it unopened

Worst cast, you keep the unopened iPad 2 a little longer, then get someone who was going to buy an iPad 2 to buy a TouchPad instead and trade them.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    i can't imagine buying a new gadget and not opening it.

can't you return it asap and get a store credit instead?
    Yeah, we got my father-in-law an iPad 2 for Father's Day. It's sitting on my desk taunting me like crazy. I may have to open it and "set it up" for him (in the interest of being a very thoughtful son-in-law, of course)
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    ipad2 is the proven product......I love mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    Yeah, we got my father-in-law an iPad 2 for Father's Day. It's sitting on my desk taunting me like crazy. I may have to open it and "set it up" for him (in the interest of being a very thoughtful son-in-law, of course)
    I hope you are unfortunate enough to have iTunes installed on your PC, otherwise the iPad won't even boot the first time.
  19.    #19  
    The manager implied that if I kept it unopened they would likely extend the time...so I'll be going directly through him to make sure....
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I hope you are unfortunate enough to have iTunes installed on your PC, otherwise the iPad won't even boot the first time.
    I have it at home to deal with the wife's iPhone. Only reason I haven't opened it up yet is I can't install iTunes at work. That is a good excuse for me opening it tonight to set it up though