Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Then it is already loaded in memory because that doen't even happen on fast desktops.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    It seems like a lot of Android users don't realize their apps aren't closed when they "launch" them. The commonly used apps stay open in the RAM on Android unless you use a task killer or Android decides to force close them for you.

If you leave the webOS application open, it will also be "instant" when you launch it, but the problem I've had in the past is simply horrible battery life prevents me from keeping my webOS apps open all the time. webOS 2.x is supposed to be much improved, but I'm still wary of the very small 1230mah battery HP is putting in the Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    It seems like a lot of Android users don't realize their apps aren't closed when they "launch" them. The commonly used apps stay open in the RAM on Android unless you use a task killer or Android decides to force close them for you.

If you leave the webOS application open, it will also be "instant" when you launch it, but the problem I've had in the past is simply horrible battery life prevents me from keeping my webOS apps open all the time. webOS 2.x is supposed to be much improved, but I'm still wary of the very small 1230mah battery HP is putting in the Pre3.
    As always, it depends on what the app is doing when it's open.

I.E., If it needs to poll a server, it takes processor time, and because of this, it causes battery consumption. But if the app keeps itself on stand-by, the battery consumption is minimal.

It's a matter of app optimization.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Newness Developments apps:

sales is what promote an ecosystem.
    Hummm... I agree with this, but not exactly with the rest, and I have a case to show:

Here; in Brazil, we was paying HIGH prices for netbooks; so, was selling only EeePC 7 and 9 screens (eca!) and Acer Aspire One but; many months ago, our government has created (very high!) incentives to computers. Result: HP and Samsung has selled hundreds of netbooks here and; yes, Macbook Air continue only in pedestals in shop windows...

Well, I still agree because IS NOT the ToucHPad the problem; and yes, the market DON'T KNOW THE WEBOS! It's simple! Imagine... expensive and unknowed... greeeeat combo...

In my country, everything that some peoples know about webOS is that was a Palm S.O., but know nothing more, and all press saw the Palm as a Joke in market.

So, the HP "comes from nothing with the Palm S.O. that nobody knows", selling for the same price as anybody can buy an IPad 2, that I know or I saw always good things from press... can you imagine that REALLY can sell?

But look start in corporate market can be a interested strategy, because the companies don't like to give all control of his resources only to one supplier and; until now, the Apple & Android has grown without really bring solutions that leave the control with his customers, and this is the weakness.

To understand what is the point: in a rough analogy, one company buy water and electrical energy, but the water and the electricity supplier only delivery in door - and the client do whatever he want. Summarizing: the companies like to buy the tool, and mantain the control over and; THIS, nobody have to show... until now, of course! On the other hand...

... focus high in one side is the same as less focus in other side. To US (from "verb" "you and me", not "United States" ); simple mortals, this is not so good.

If to corporated market, the HP can sell with high price, in the personal market this value can; YES, keep away the customers because there is other options where the resources TO US are the same... when not betters!

Oh, yes... I was forgetting: The Apple IPad 2 was launched AFTER the ToucHPad and begun to sell here.

And do you know WHEN begun to sell ANYTHING with webOS here? NEVER!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    In corporate market HP have to reduce TP price, not to sell it at retail price. Corporate market is not lucrative for hardware companies because sheer volumes of sold devices, it's lucrative because attached services to those devices. In this early stage, HP can make TP interesting for business by supporting some business features but there is still no services HP could offer and get extra cash in business environment.
    Last edited by chalx; 06/11/2011 at 06:49 AM.
  5.    #85  
    Brilliant summary of HP Discover and HP's strategy to converge
    enterprise and consumer here (see link below), writer is anticipating
    a number of announcements on the consumer side:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-palm...greenbaum.html
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345