1.    #1  
    Okay how much time does HP need to produce these touchpads?
    I think their already done or close to it.

500,000 for release day? or say 1,000,000 for distribution world wide?
    how many can you make a day? say 2,000?
    then how much time is need for shipping to distributors (1.5weeks) THEN to local stores (another week?)?

Do you think their DONE with the upgrades and at the point they are in mass production?
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Quote Originally Posted by nightdevil21 View Post
    Okay how much time does HP need to produce these touchpads?
    I think their already done or close to it.

500,000 for release day? or say 1,000,000 for distribution world wide?
    how many can you make a day? say 2,000?
    then how much time is need for shipping to distributors (1.5weeks) THEN to local stores (another week?)?

Do you think their DONE with the upgrades and at the point they are in mass production?
    It's pretty simple. It's probably no more than 2-3 weeks from the time they leave the manufacture until they can reach consumers' hands; that's not the current hold up. The software (webOS 3.0) isn't ready yet. When it is, they'll start rolling off the production line.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    It's pretty simple. It's probably no more than 2-3 weeks from the time they leave the manufacture until they can reach consumers' hands; that's not the current hold up. The software (webOS 3.0) isn't ready yet. When it is, they'll start rolling off the production line.
    Can you provide a source for your "fact"?

Thanks!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

500,000 for the launch day is unnecessary.

Motorola xoom only sold 200,000 for the first month.

HP touchpad will the 2nd most expensive tablet a user can find in a retail store. Can't see it gets to 500,000 sales in a day. or a month.

If HP is focusing on the online sales of a cheaper version, there will be no shipping delay involved at all.
    It's very likely they have been rolling off the manufacture lines since sometime in May. They are likely being held somewhere to be flashed, unless they have a ton of faith in their ota update system to do all the dirty work when someone opens their Touchpad box and turns it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Can you provide a source for your "fact"?

Thanks!
    Not publicly, no.