Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    I think he means the walmart item code, not the actual UPC. Many retailers have their own codes, in addition to or instead of the UPC for their inventory systems.

UPC is often mistakenly stated as any code on a product or box.
    I see pandas.
    If a retail box has a barcode on it, 99.9% of the time it's the UPC. Did you click the link I provided? I plugged in the number he provided, and it returned the name of the product, a 32GB HP TouchPad. That's because the number was in fact a UPC.

The point is you should be able to take that number to any store that will be selling the TouchPad and ask them to look it up to see if they have any in stock.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I was referring to his statement about "walmart internal upc code" that's all.
    I see pandas.
    And I was pointing out that it wasn't internal at all. It's universal.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    Hrmm interesting detective work there kkhanmd.
    thank you, his comment sounded too fake.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    And I was pointing out that it wasn't internal at all. It's universal.
    ahh, im with ya now after looking back at the tag, I thought he was talking about the top number on the tag, but that's not the number he posted.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    @Spader,

So did you threaten...ahem I mean, kindly ask your brother about it?
    He checked his system and told me they didn't have any in stock... I asked him to keep an eye out for it, since he does help with the stocking in electronics at his store.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Good to know, thanks!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    So this is your prior post
    So you are saying facebook app is worked on by a student developer in UK?
    Yup- cousin works for Facebook in CA, I'm in London now (moved there a few months ago from the Bay Area where the family is from) at university, studying for my postgrad.

The work I did was to do with messaging App, I did some of the sketches of how messaging would work, and have been kept up to date. As a designer, I decided to try make one of my own (and its pretty damn amazing if I do say so myself (with help on the code)), so yep, I'm not an axperienced coder, but I know how this thing's gonna look and feel.

We've already seen in [photo] app comments in the videos HP put up, and there's way more of it.

I really can't be bothered to get into the details, but if anyone has question do just ask, less hate please!

Cheers

Mark
    As I wrote to kkhanmd

Yup- cousin works for Facebook in CA, I'm in London now (moved there a few months ago from the Bay Area where the family is from) at university, studying for my postgrad.

The work I did was to do with messaging App, I did some of the sketches of how messaging would work, and have been kept up to date. As a designer, I decided to try make one of my own (and its pretty damn amazing if I do say so myself (with help on the code)), so yep, I'm not an axperienced coder, but I know how this thing's gonna look and feel.

We've already seen in [photo] app comments in the videos HP put up, and there's way more of it.

I really can't be bothered to get into the details, but if anyone has question do just ask, less hate please!

Cheers

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by markstuart View Post
    As I wrote to kkhanmd

Cheers

Mark
    Is facebook a part of exhibition mode? what will it exhibit, photo's? I know there are notification currently
    I worked on messaging, so I can't say for certain. I know a lot of our planned features were blocked by arguments between Palm and FAcebook, but we had the chat feature fully working in exhibition mode
    Went to walmart today and saw the cleared space with touchpad labels. Right up front in the electronics department too!
    Quote Originally Posted by markstuart View Post
    I worked on messaging, so I can't say for certain. I know a lot of our planned features were blocked by arguments between Palm and FAcebook, but we had the chat feature fully working in exhibition mode
    like what planned features were blocked by facebook?
    wrote this all in to pc offering email etc, but basically facebook wanted messaging through synergy and their own messaging app, but facebook didnt because the wouldnt be allowed to put what was ebing said into their own chat app online, so there was a lengthy back and fourth
    I went to our local Wal Mart (city of about 60,000) and there was no indication of anything related to an HP touchpad. They were plenty of iPad and Nook related items but nothing else. I scoured all the isles in the electronics dept.

For good measure I also went to Staples and Office Depot and did the same thing... nothing.

I plan on checking back every weekend with the hopes of walking in and seeing a display set up!
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualkyr View Post
    I went to our local Wal Mart (city of about 60,000) and there was no indication of anything related to an HP touchpad. They were plenty of iPad and Nook related items but nothing else. I scoured all the isles in the electronics dept.

For good measure I also went to Staples and Office Depot and did the same thing... nothing.

I plan on checking back every weekend with the hopes of walking in and seeing a display set up!
    You obviously need to move to a bigger city.
    Go in there on 2 July, bet you will find one then and save yourself two trips
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Go in there on 2 July, bet you will find one then and save yourself two trips
    I know.. I'm just anxious to see a working model.

I went to WM, OD, BB, and Staples during lunch in the next city over (pop of 300,000) and there was nothing about the TP anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualkyr View Post
    I know.. I'm just anxious to see a working model.

I went to WM, OD, BB, and Staples during lunch in the next city over (pop of 300,000) and there was nothing about the TP anywhere.
    There aren't working models on display at stores anywhere, yet.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast