Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Hey there, Mr. Walmart guy, would you please smile for my camera and let everyone on PreCentral.net know exactly when the HP TouchPad will be available? I promise, you won't be embarrassed at all, just let me get your whole face, a little to the left, no too much, back a little, yeah right there's good, a little more smiling, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Hey there, Mr. Walmart guy, would you please smile for my camera and let everyone on PreCentral.net know exactly when the HP TouchPad will be available? I promise, you won't be embarrassed at all, just let me get your whole face, a little to the left, no too much, back a little, yeah right there's good, a little more smiling, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    I need to see the last two paycheck stubs, a valid ID and his Wal-mart name tag.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    Please go back and video record these statements. There has been so much conjecture around the date. The walmart close to my house didnt even have the TouchPad in their system.

EDIT: ALSO SUPER HYPED!
    he was very confident in saying it would be available on fathers day. and when i asked for him to confirm the date just to be 100% clear, he said definitively that June 19th was the date.

all i know is that I'll be there sunday morning if HP doesn't announce anything before the 19th
    This thread seems to be filled with a ton of different release date speculations, but it's nice to see they share a similar pattern: the TP is coming VERY soon.

I just can't but wonder what event HP is planning to use in order to announce the TouchPad's release date. It wouldn't be like them to announce it quietly like they did for the Veer, I'm sure they'll have a bigger event where they announce it.

Does anyone know of any big event from HP coming soon? ...or maybe they're planning to announce it at the end of HP Discover on Thursday (that's when it ends right?) ?

Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    So some of those tickets could be dumb things, like the wrong graphic or color being on the page, or they could be serious things, like the device catching on fire if you post a specific string as your status update.
    Lol picturing these comments in my head hahaha.
    If it helps, I saw the Touchpad shelf at my local Walmart too (Northern VA). No pic because I thought that was old news. I asked the lady there if they had any tablets in stock and she said "Like a pad of paper?" Ho hum. I decided not to investigate further.

Oh. And then another lady, who seemed to be more clued in, said that they will only be getting a couple of each tablet "due to the earthquake".
    Last edited by doodad64; 06/08/2011 at 10:10 PM.
    I went to my walmart in Kansas City, no H/P table, I made the guy look on his computer, and whenever he would type touchpad, only keyboards showed up.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by doodad64 View Post
    I asked the lady there if they had any tablets in stock and she said "Like a pad of paper?"
    these tablets?
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Checked my local Wally World tonight. The guy in electronics was confused at first but then realized I was asking about a tablet and not something related to a laptop. He said they didn't have any. I didn't see any special displays either.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    went to the walmart in northborough MA and asked them to search a upc code. 0088611129022 2

this code showed that they has two on order but they did not yet arrive in the store. The woman I spoke with used a hand barcode scanner with a number pad for this. It did not give any info on when the order would arrive.

this is the walmart internal upc code from the screen grab precentral published a week or so back so it presumably means it will work at any walmart.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WOPR View Post
    ingram still does not have the hp part numbers in their DB. Synnex is their direct competitor
    I noticed that as well. Did you check any of the small to medium disti's like D&H or resellers like CDW?

Did you check Ingram in the US or their international systems?
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    You know better than that. Pics or it didn't happen. I went to 2 Walmarts near me and saw no proof of the TouchPad Apocalypse. The cake is a lie.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    He's telling the truth. It's exactly what I saw at my walmart. The tablet section was gutted and mostly empty except for an Acer tablet, but there was a spot in the middle for the Touchpad and they had signage on the accesories asile (that was mostly empty) that said HP Touchpad.
    I stopped by my local Wal-Mart today and asked the guy about the HP Touchpad. He just said "Yeah, that is coming very soon."
    Not earthshattering or even anything I didn't already know, but it made me feel better.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    woo hoo, walmart people know as much as HP CEO hahah "coming very soon"
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    woo hoo, walmart people know as much as HP CEO hahah "coming very soon"
    They know more. They have pricetags, LOL.
    these tablets?
    LOL!jj!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I've talked to insiders who have played with the touchpad and who know someone who works at HPalm. I've been told the new Facebook app is so buggy, that over 100 tickets were filed in a single day for it. Their software is not ready to go for a launch and I'm sure that is what they are frantically still working on..

Note: those 100 tickets were filed by a single person.. :P

Ummm, I've worked on that app, and it's gonna blow you away... Don't believe the drama
    Quote Originally Posted by reggieb View Post
    I am not trying to be rude, but I worked at "number 1 in the region" when I was in high school and it means squat. If your son is a regional management, especially as a buyer, I would say that he knows a lot more than any of us, or if he is close friends with the regional buyer. Listen, every single one of us here on this forum knows more than the average BB employee.

And I still maintain that there is absolutely no guarantee that BB is going to be the first retailer to get this. If I had to pick one nationwide chain, of course I would guess BB would be first. But I have no inside info. Another chain (like Wal-Mart) might actually believe in the product, and have negotiated to get it first. Likely? No. But not altogether impossible.

Something that is more likely possible is that, since they are clearly selling this to enterprise first, perhaps direct sales come before retail. Everything about this device screams that they are shooting for the business market first and foremost. So in that case, it makes sense that their direct sales network would be first. Who knows? A few people on the inside at HP, and that's it. That's my main point here. We simply can't know the answer, unless we are on the inside at HP.

If anyone is, feel free to chime in at any time.
    Hate to say I told you so but....by the way, my son is not an "average" Best Buy employee, as I stated in my previous post...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by markstuart View Post
    Ummm, I've worked on that app, and it's gonna blow you away... Don't believe the drama
    So this is your prior post
    I'd love an unlock code...

I'm a student developer in the UK, and my app, BluPing is kik-like that works over Bluetooth for anonymous fun, cross platform with iOS and android.

Once the paid app goes up (there will be a free version too!) I will donate 38 to Rod and co. This would be a great way to get me started!

Hope you consider my offer!

Mark
    So you are saying facebook app is worked on by a student developer in UK?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    So this is your prior post
    So you are saying facebook app is worked on by a student developer in UK?
    Hrmm interesting detective work there kkhanmd.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    went to the walmart in northborough MA and asked them to search a upc code. 0088611129022 2

this is the walmart internal upc code from the screen grab precentral published a week or so back so it presumably means it will work at any walmart.
    UPC stands for Universal Product Code, and will work anywhere that sells items by scanning the barcode printed on the box (the UPC).

UPC Database: Item Record
    Touchscreens are a fad.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast